Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Craft show displays

I'm not sure this is the correct spot for this question, but here goes.
    I make purses/tote bags and sell them at a few craft shows. In the summer I have my canopy to hang them from, but I did my first indoor show yesterday and had some of my bags on pants hangers hanging from a clothes drying rack. I didn't like the way they looked and am thinking about some kind of free standing wall that I could put hooks in and then hang my purses for full front views. (kind of like the bags hanging from nails behind me in my avatar)
    I'm thinking about plastic lattice. Maybe 2 or 3 pieces hinged together to make a folding screen. Problem is DH and I don't have lots of experience doing any of this kind of work.
    Does anyone have any other suggestions for an easily transportable way of displaying my bags?
    I do have some sitting on tables, but some don't lend themselves to sit up.
    Thanks for any ideas

Blog Entries
    when I did craft shows in the past with a friend we had peg board with hinges, then we could hang exactly where we wanted to and it was light weight.

For starters, could you get those hooks you see at christmas time that hangs from a mantle to put a stocking on? You could put this around your table so that you can hang your purses from it.

Just a thought, I will see if something else comes to mind.

It looks something like this

[img]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...RL._SL160_.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Crqltr
    when I did craft shows in the past with a friend we had peg board with hinges, then we could hang exactly where we wanted to and it was light weight.
    Here's something like you described

[img]http://www.petittscreations.com/sep02/4.jpg[/img]

Okay, out of ideas. :D Good luck!

How about a pole with small dowels inserted at an upward angle, similar to a thread holder, but not that many, and 2x4's (or something similar) on the bottom to make it stand up. Then hang the purses from that. You could have several, if needed.

thanks for all the ideas so far. Keep the juices flowing.

I have a wroght Iron basket stand that stands on the floor, (I hang my longerbuger baskets on)
    it works great for many differnt hanging items.
    I have used it for purses and tote bags. One year I used it for Christmas ordaments.

My thought was similar to wolfkitty's. If you or DH could make a stand like a clothes tree, like a straight free standing square, tall board, and put hooks up and down the board on all four sides. I'm sure this doesn't make much sense but picture an artificial Christmas tree before you put the branches on. You could hang bags on all sides.

what about a board with those 3d white hooks, you know the kind you pull the tab and it then can come off? My friend uses them for everything.

Hinged ped board and use "S" hooks.

Blog Entries
    take a screen frame and nail the lattice boards to the back. paint, decorate, and hang!!!!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I use the clothes racks, BUT I zip tie peg board to them...front and back so it can be seen both sides..IF you have the room to do that..if not one side is plenty!
    Paint the peg board a nice neutral color, but not too light..you can find the small hooks for the peg board at Lowe's usually. YOu can also get Shelf brackets for the peg board and put a small shelf on the top and bottom for stability! and for standing bags!

Good luck!

I recently purchased two wire grid walls for my booth , they made a HUGE differnence ... as you can get more display at eye level and just above . People will look up a little , but anything below 2 1/2 feet is like no- mans land.
    They are not too expensive and are quite flexible as to the way you can use them. They do come in various sizes.
    I did make a modification to the the hardware that was sent for the feet. I purchased wing nuts to replace the tiny nut they provide. The wing nuts make it much easier for a faster take down. Just wish I had gotten them sooner.
    Oh one more tip .. for the tote bags .. I use balloons for a filler in the bag.

Power Poster
    If you have one, a wooden drying rack will work for a hanging display. I'm thinking of the ones that scissor in and out and lock in place. A folding screen can also be used if you find one that you can tack nails or hooks into. Any two pieces of wood will work with hinges so that it folds flat to travel and when open it forms a triangle shape. I've seen two long louvered/shutter panels hinged toether. Several louvers were remove across from each other to run boards through to make shelves and to keep the panels in the V shape to stand up.

Blog Entries
    Why couldn't you use the canopy inside?? They do at our mall.

How about hinged peg board stands?

Blog Entries
    Please post a photo of your booth! I would love to see how you decided to display your totes.

How about a folding screen made from shutters, either wood or synthetic? You can hang 'S' hooks from the slats.

I'm no help with ideas, everyone here has great ones. My only comment would be to keep stuff above knee to hip level or it will not be seen.:) Good Luck at your shows.

"Oh one more tip .. for the tote bags .. I use balloons for a filler in the bag."

I do something similar. I got some 2 gal Ziploc bags and I blow them up with a straw and insert into the purses. That way I can use them over and over.

Thanks for more ideas. If I ever get it "right" I'll post some pictures.

I would suggest a free standing coat rack and attached hooks down the pole to hang more purses.

Blog Entries
    When I displayed my items on a table I layered them maybe place a container under the tablecloth to raise them and give them some height. It always worked for me.
    Noella

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast