Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   David Went- check this out!!June Tailor Shape Cut Ruler= Perfect strips!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/david-went-check-out-june-tailor-shape-cut-ruler%3D-perfect-strips-t104132.html)

QuiltnLady1 06-05-2011 02:43 PM

I have a couple of them in different sizes and I love them. They make cutting strips easy since my hands sometimes wobble with a ruler.

JeanieG 06-05-2011 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by MissJMac
OK Ladies, I'm doing something VERY wrong. I bought this ruler 2-3 years ago and was never satisfied with it. Finally, in frustration, I stuck it behind a door and fogot about it. My problem: I had a hard time inserting the rotary cutter into the slots to do the cutting. It seemed the slots were so close together there was no room to insert he cutter. I tried inserting the cutter at the larger opening at the end of the ruler but I never achieved the smooth quick motion I've seen on YouTube and on Alex Anderson show (before she was cancelled). I bought it after seeing one of her guests use it. Maybe I'm too old to start something new LOL

It might be the rotary cutter you are using. I have an older one that will not work either. I got an Olfa Ergonomic 45 mm Rotary Cutter with a 50% off coupon last year, and it works really great with my June Tailor Shape Cut Ruler.

mcdaniel023 06-05-2011 03:36 PM

I love mine. But, I really, really love those fabrics, Sue.
I can't wait to see your progress.
Deb

QuiltnLady1 06-05-2011 05:52 PM

jdreamblue,
I used to have problems, but a friend told me to cut from the selveges to the fold and I haven't seen a wave in a while.

Incidently, I see where there is one that has 2 1/2" slits -- does anyone have that one?

MissJMac 06-05-2011 06:01 PM

I'm convinced!!! it must be me since everyone else seems to love it. Hey, I'm not too old to admit I MIGHT be wrong LOL
My ruler is the 12" June Taylor, HOWEVER,I'm using a straight Olfa cutter (had it forever, probably the first one they made). I have a couple of others, but I always seem to grab this one.
I refuse to be the only quilter who can't conquer a square piece of plastic. Gonna pull it out and practice, practice, practice - 'cause I do use a lot of strips LOL
Thanks ladies, God, I love this site.

tjradj 06-05-2011 06:06 PM

To make it easier to insert my cutter, I just pull the slot open a bit, insert cutter, then let it go back to normal.
I also make sure I've got a finger on the part right beside where I'm cutting so it doesn't bow when I'm cutting.
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this ruller.

mcdaniel023 06-06-2011 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnLady1
jdreamblue,
I used to have problems, but a friend told me to cut from the selveges to the fold and I haven't seen a wave in a while.

Incidently, I see where there is one that has 2 1/2" slits -- does anyone have that one?

I haven't seen that one but I sure would buy it!