Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Did you get sewing accomplished this weekend? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/did-you-get-sewing-accomplished-weekend-t210285.html)

hopetoquilt 01-06-2013 04:54 PM

I finished a baby quilt top and part of the mystery train. I also just got an accuquilt so I cut lots of 5" squares. I know people like having large stashes but having a lot makes me nervous so I plan to use up all my fabric scraps by February!

redvette54 01-06-2013 04:54 PM

Yes, I worked on my MIL's warm wishes quilt, made 2 blocks for a string quilt, trying to use up scraps and also spent some time on a Bow Tucks purse I'm making for a friend.

franc36 01-06-2013 05:06 PM

I didn't spend as much time quilting as I had planned; but I did finish a machine appliqué block I had started earlier, made the 2013 Craftsy BOM for Jan, and did the sashing on blocks for a quilt top that I hope to finish tomorrow.

Helen6869 01-06-2013 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2 (Post 5767599)
I am repairing a quilt for a customer and was working on it today. I repaired 25 holes and have a binding to do yet.

Just wondering, would this be an antique or old quilt? My dsil left one with me to patch up for him and I have been stymied as to how to accomplish this. Can you offer any suggestions? it has lots of torn places, holes, and needs new binding also. Any help would be so appreciated. Thanks!

adamae 01-06-2013 05:11 PM

No sewing, taking meds for the flu, cold, crud, whatever...it is so-o-o miserable. I hate being sick. Glad to see others being productive.

MissSongbird 01-06-2013 05:11 PM

No sewing for me! I've been getting ready to head back to school on Monday.

Sunnie 01-06-2013 05:12 PM

I was able to do lots of stuff this weekend. After reading "Embrace Yourself" here on the board I went on a straightening up binge and made some decent progress. I quilted my third QFK on my Christmas present frame. Got my husband's quilt top 2/3s done. Just 5 more rows to put together and then some borders. Lastly I worked on a backpack for me. It is almost finished which is good as I am traveling next weekend.

Jingle 01-06-2013 05:16 PM

I finished up my first quilt for this year and started putting together pieces I had cut up last Dec. I ended up with enough pieces for three quilts, different sizes, two different patterns. Same colors. I sew about every evening and on weelends while I do laundry and cleaning.

ontheriver 01-06-2013 05:24 PM

I cut lots of blades for a Dresden plate quilt, put 4 plates together, then I read NYPD Red by Patterson as I got it from the library and it is only 5 day checkout. Oh, almost forgot, did the laundry and vacuumed the house. Will sew tomorrow, kid finally goes back to school and I will have free time.

Pam B 01-06-2013 05:26 PM

Well, I need to cut and attach the borders for 2 tops as the long-arm lady will be ready for them in a few days. Because I absolutely hate to cut things out, I did nothing at all. I spent this afternoon curled up with my flannel raggy quilt and a novel. I also took a long nap. I head back to the classroom tomorrow....hope I don't oversleep!