Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Did you get sewing accomplished this weekend? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/did-you-get-sewing-accomplished-weekend-t210285.html)

deedum 01-06-2013 03:41 PM

Did you get sewing accomplished this weekend?

Maybe by posting our progress each weekend , we may encourage everyone ( including me) to get motivated with our sewing. So easy to stray curled up in my easy chair with my flannel rag quilt instead when I do have a little down time. So this is what I got done this weekend. Not as much as I hoped but I did make some progress. Just trying to use up some of what I have.

1.finished wrapping my fabric on the comic boards. I now have 200 boards on the shelf. ( need more boards)

2. Made 3 nice receiving baby blankets.

3. Cleaned out two drawers

4. Made 2 burp cloths and a couple of strip blocks.

5. Cut up netting and made 8 nylon scrubbies.

6. Sorted thru some material to donate.

Felt good to get a little bit done, what about you?

lots2do 01-06-2013 03:49 PM

Wow, you sure got a lot done! I'm sorry to say...I didn't do any sewing at all. Some knitting, though and lots of planning,maybe that counts a little.

tezell0801 01-06-2013 03:54 PM

I finished my second ever quilt top. Trying to decide if I want to quilt it or send it to a quilter.

twoxover 01-06-2013 04:00 PM

one of my new years resolutions was to quilt/sew two hours a week. I am happy to say that i accomplished this. i finished the table runner (posted elsewhere) and worked on the batik quilt for my daughter. progress is being made!

DebraK 01-06-2013 04:05 PM

yes. I made 6 grocery bags. Looking forward to getting back to quilting.

quiltingb1 01-06-2013 04:15 PM

I finished organizing all of my stash while picking fabrics for a double wedding ring quilt I want to make for my son and daughter-in-laws 10th anniversary. Plus I did some work on a cross stitch design I am working on.

IrishNY 01-06-2013 04:16 PM

YES! I was supposed to travel this weekend and decided against it so had some unexpected time and for once, I made the most of it. I have a top for my daughter's college roomate almost finished (pictures will be coming); I washed the fabrics for two quilts and have the strips cut for one and some of the pieces cut for the other, and I picked out fabrics for a baby quilt and it is in the washer as I type this. Even better, I used only stash fabric so I am feeling pretty virtuous about that. If only every weekend was so productive. lol

auntpiggylpn 01-06-2013 04:26 PM

I didn't sew or quilt anything this weekend. Actually, I haven't sewn anything since right before Christmas. I am cleaning and organizing my sewing area. Okay, I am really only giving it a half hearted attempt!!! I did cut some of my scraps into 2 1/2" strips, 2 1/2" squares and 5" squares today but alas, that was also a half hearted attempt. Just not feeling quilting motivated right now. . .

EllieGirl 01-06-2013 04:47 PM

I'm making a quilt with HST. I completed sewing all of them together in rows. Now my next step is to sew the rows together. Hopefully I can finish that tomorrow. I did go buy the backing and batting!

sewnsewer2 01-06-2013 04:52 PM

I am repairing a quilt for a customer and was working on it today. I repaired 25 holes and have a binding to do yet.