Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Did you hear me hit the wall? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/did-you-hear-me-hit-wall-t171966.html)

SouthPStitches 12-13-2011 06:36 PM

Did you hear me hit the wall?

Thought I had all the time, ambition and inspiration needed this year to make Christmas gifts for all my friends. Started in early October. I'm so burned out and exhausted from my "second" job of sewing or knitting in one way, shape or form every night. Nothing finishing up as quickly as I'd like and now the machine is acting up on a regular basis. It's probably as stressed out as I am so I can't fault the poor thing, although I've threatened it with some pretty vile language just tonight. The end is in sight if I don't flip out first. If I even begin to feel this ambitious towards Christmas 2012, someone please just kick me in the butt. Thanks for letting me vent and I'm certain I'm not the only one feeling like this.

M.I.Late 12-13-2011 06:42 PM

Was that you? I heard that all the way to Texas! Yep, I certainly sympathize. Have done it to myself before. I'm sort of doing the same thing but everyone knows to expect anything sewn to be arriving sometime before Easter.... Good luck! "I think I can, I think I can!"

JulieR 12-13-2011 06:51 PM

Oi, I thought the thud was me! ;) We'll get through it - the great thing is IT HAS AN END. And the end is near. Breathe in, breathe out, and don't forget to have some wine BEFORE you FMQ! :P

SouthPStitches 12-13-2011 06:51 PM

Yup, that was me sounding like a "flop from a tall cow" when I hit that wall. I'm paraphrasing my late Dad with that little gem.

BETTY62 12-13-2011 07:01 PM

Next year I'm starting Christmas gifts in January, just like I had planned to do this year. Or maybe I can just finish this years and give for next years gifts and be ahead....

Treasureit 12-13-2011 07:07 PM

Why not just make things you like all year round and then decide who gets them in Dec? I haven't done it either, but I like my idea...that way I can enjoy each thing I make and then give it to someone I love. So what if my son doesn't like pink roses on his quilt? LOL

sharon b 12-13-2011 07:17 PM

Put some ice on the lumps in a few days the pain will be gone :)

My Christmas gifts that I make are always late.... just a way of life for me. I always say I wills tart earlier and then something comes up and well... the rest is history... Glad I am not alone :)

JanTx 12-13-2011 07:30 PM

I lack just a bit and find myself slowing down - maybe skidding into that wall. I don't lack too much - binding one twin-sized quilt and finishing 5 more placemats - already pieced them so they'll go fast. BUT I find myself thinking of all the lovely projects I hve waiting for me that are not Christmas gifts! My hands are itching to start something NEW and ... so far I'm holding back. So far, but ... can you hear them - from their baggies they are calling my name!

Buzzy Bee 12-13-2011 07:32 PM

LOL.....I can relate to everybodies post...!!!!! I already told my DH today that I was starting in Jan. making the gifts for 2012....he just laughed and walked away.....

pdcakm 12-13-2011 07:44 PM

sorry, i can't stop laughing. not laughing at you, just at me. hope that wall is strong. i am about to hit it too at about 80 mph. i have two more quilts tops to layer and quilt, then bind all four quilts. and make a dozen pillowcases. hope to get the pillowcases done tomorrow at quilting group. also, have all day quilt group on friday, should be able to get some of the quilting done.

ah, well. tis the season to be merry. where is that glass of wine?