Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you have?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-have-t118545.html)

spartan quilter 04-24-2011 03:30 PM

an attachment for your vacuum to clean your sewing machine of lint, fabric fuzz and threads? Do you like it? After having to take my machine for a very big cleaning, I think that I have to work harder to keep it clean. Thanks for any ideas, or suggestions or advice.

hobbykat1955 04-24-2011 03:44 PM

I don't but know people who use one and like it...I clean it every few days using the brush, twissors and tape and have never had a real problem.

quiltinggirl 04-24-2011 03:45 PM

I have the Viking Sapphire 875Q and was able to purchase the vacuum attachments when I purchased my machine. I use the attachments weekly and love it. :)

krabadan 04-24-2011 04:10 PM

Clotilde sells a set of vacuum attachments that is perfect for cleaning out a sewing machine.

dunster 04-24-2011 04:17 PM

I thought about getting one of those attachments, then I realized that my vacuum cleaner usually lives downstairs, and the sewing machine is upstairs. Even if they were close together, I don't want to haul out the vacuum every time I clean the sewing machine. (I might be expected to actually vacuum some floors while it's out.) So I found one of the little automotive vacuums and I use that. It sits on its little charger right beside the sewing machine, so it is always available, and it doesn't do floors. :)

GGinMcKinney 04-24-2011 04:21 PM

I didn't know I was suppose to vacumn my Janome 6600P. I never heard this mentioned before. I clean in, under and around the bobbin area several times every time I sit down to sew and "Jan" goes to see the nice man once a year. He gives her a deep cleaning.
Am I suppose to do more??

ckcowl 04-24-2011 04:25 PM

i do have the vacuum attachments, i also use brushes and clean it EVERY time i change the bobbin. i brush it out under and behind the bobbin area and up where the needle arm goes up and down. with every new project the machine gets vacuumed out well and a new needle- keeps everything running happily along :thumbup:
i bought my vacuum attachments from Clotilde's there are a number of different brushes. i use them on my sewing machine, long-arm machine and computer.

frugalfabrics 04-24-2011 04:52 PM

I have an mini vac that I bought to use on my computer years ago...I use that for the sewing machine now. It has little brushes and stuff.

Melrose R 04-24-2011 05:11 PM

My repair man suggested cleaning every time you refill a bobbin with thread. I told him I have tons of full bobbins that I can use. He told me to nix THAT suggestion! LOL

spartan quilter 04-24-2011 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Melrose V
My repair man suggested cleaning every time you refill a bobbin with thread. I told him I have tons of full bobbins that I can use. He told me to nix THAT suggestion! LOL

Sounds like the answer I would give someone. Cleaning is not my strong suit, but I guess that I had better start doing a better job on my machines. I clean often, but not every time I change a bobbin, but guess I better start a new habit.