Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you have?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-have-t118545.html)

Scrap Happy 04-24-2011 05:31 PM

I had never heard of vacuuming a sewing machine before. Every time I put a new bobbin in I clean my machine with a brush. I guess I should be vacuuming it too?

tammy cosper 04-24-2011 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by spartan quilter
an attachment for your vacuum to clean your sewing machine of lint, fabric fuzz and threads? Do you like it? After having to take my machine for a very big cleaning, I think that I have to work harder to keep it clean. Thanks for any ideas, or suggestions or advice.

I have a small air tank that I keep in my sewing room and once i finish a project I blow out all the machines real good. Including the tracks on my quilting machine with it.
Does a very good job.

TonnieLoree 04-24-2011 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by frugalfabrics
I have an mini vac that I bought to use on my computer years ago...I use that for the sewing machine now. It has little brushes and stuff.

This is what I would do.

cmw0829 04-24-2011 05:50 PM

I have a set and think they do a great job, better than just brushing. My problem is getting motivated to bring the vacuum into the sewing room so I don't use them often enough.

OdessaQuilts 04-24-2011 06:11 PM

I use an old toothbrush to clean out my machine periodically. But then again, I don't have a very fancy machine! Very few bells/whistles, and not a computer chip nearby! lol

Jingle 04-24-2011 06:15 PM

I clean the bobbin area when I change the bobbin and brush out all the lint, oil the race and continue sewing. oil machine every 6-8 hours of use. I vac out whenever I remember to.

Janet My 04-24-2011 06:32 PM

I have one of those vacuum attachments. It works very well, but I forget I have it. Don't use it as often as I should.

Ramona Byrd 04-24-2011 11:41 PM

I use an eyelash brush for both my computer keyboard and the
sewing machines. It is a little longer than my fingers, curved and gets masses of long, white Persian cat hairs out of my keyboard.
Fredrica struts across my vision when I'm on the computer ==GET DOWN DARNIT!!!====and whines tills she gets petted.

Koko also wants petted and trys to stand on the keyboard to get my attention so he can curl up on my lap. He also sheds a little but not like Freddy. Both are rescues and are still desperate for attention even after all these years. Can't resist them.

quiltmaker 04-25-2011 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by spartan quilter
an attachment for your vacuum to clean your sewing machine of lint, fabric fuzz and threads? Do you like it? After having to take my machine for a very big cleaning, I think that I have to work harder to keep it clean. Thanks for any ideas, or suggestions or advice.

I have them and they are great...also use it for my computer tower. I will say that I don't use it all the much on my sewing machines as I use a makeup brush to clean out the bobbin race area. I do clean well after each quilt so it keeps down the problems.

Cuilteanna 04-25-2011 02:19 AM

I have them, but before that just used a flexible drinking straw stck into the centre of a cork tile.