Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does this bother anyone else or is it just me (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-bother-anyone-else-just-me-t118180.html)

denilynne 04-23-2011 05:52 AM

I found a quilt kit i want to buy it's $75.00 but it does not include the pattern, i have to spend another $25.00 to buy a book that has the pattern. Why don't they include the pattern with the kit, i don't understand.

carhop 04-23-2011 05:54 AM

at $75 I would not buy it unless it had the pattern with it. Boy any thing to get our money

debbieumphress 04-23-2011 05:56 AM

Most places do include the pattern and everything you need. If they are using this to make more money then I am sure there is a reason (?) although not a good one IMHO. LOL. YOu could always find the pattern yourself, not in the book maybe or check at Halfprice books, Amazon etc for a softy used book. Hope you find it. They must be the same who did the kit as wrote the book. Money issue???? Only other thing to so is to buy a kit you love also that has it all. Prices are so high now. I'm sure someone here will post the sites you can get it all and at great prices. I know of Stichin' Heaven and Fabric Cafe. Good luck. HUGS♥♥

sueisallaboutquilts 04-23-2011 05:57 AM

I would pass on it. That's crazy!!

DogHouseMom 04-23-2011 06:01 AM

How many total yards of fabric are included in the kit? Does it come close to the fabric price?

I agree in general though, what's a "kit" without the instructions. Include it all in one price.

sherriequilts 04-23-2011 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
How many total yards of fabric are included in the kit? Does it come close to the fabric price?

I agree in general though, what's a "kit" without the instructions. Include it all in one price.

ditto! and I have found amazing buys on Amazon for quilt books etc. Good luck.

JenniePenny 04-23-2011 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by denilynne
I found a quilt kit i want to buy it's $75.00 but it does not include the pattern, i have to spend another $25.00 to buy a book that has the pattern. Why don't they include the pattern with the kit, i don't understand.

I know how strapped everyone is. My guess (which is just an un-educated one) is if the pattern is included in a book with other patterns, then they can't make copies of just that pattern. I also believe they buy books from different suppliers than they buy fabrics.

I hope that you can do as Debbie suggested and see if you could find the book through a less expensive source.

denilynne 04-23-2011 06:27 AM

The pattern is not available unless i buy the book, i wrote to the company and ask them, they said nope gotta buy the book, so unless i can find the book cheaper or figure out the pattern myself guess i'll have to wait on this one.

pocoellie 04-23-2011 06:34 AM

I don't understand why a kit would be $75 and doesn't INCLUDE the pattern. I'd rather buy the pattern and not the kit or if the pattern is in a book, I'd buy the book.

familyfun 04-23-2011 06:46 AM

I hate how expensive kits are. I have seen so many that I would love to have but I think it would be cheaper to buy everything seperatly. Am I wrong?