Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Ever have one of these days??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ever-have-one-these-days-t1034.html)

Jill 04-30-2007 03:29 AM

I haven't decided whether to pull my hair out, rant and rave, or just laugh. Yesterday I had the worst day of sewing I can ever remember...and I've been sewing for almost 50 years! It was mostly my own fault, however I did find one mistake in the instructions. If it could be cut wrong or stitched together wrong, I did it. Several times I took out the wrong seam and sewed it wrong the second time! I guess it was just one of those days, and with the morning I'm ready to start all over again...lol.

You just gotta love quilting, don't you?

vicki reno 04-30-2007 03:35 AM

Yup, I have had the same experiences on the quilt I am working on. If it can go wrong, it did. I cut wrong stitched wrong, you name it and I did it wrong. I am trying to get it done by the end of May and nothing is going right. I am worried that the recipient will want to just chuck in the trash after taking one look at it! And I still have to quilt it. I am just thankful it was only a lap quilt and nothing any bigger. I might have dumped it in the landfill then!

Extreme Quilter 04-30-2007 04:04 AM

I have those days all the time. I pick myself up, dust myself off and start all over again. Once again, everyone!!

kathy 04-30-2007 05:22 AM

yep, been there , done that (more than once I have to say)
today probabl everything will go smoothly and really make you wonder what the heck was wrong with you yesterday. Have fun.

zyxquilts 04-30-2007 06:51 AM

Oh yeah! When I got out of the shower this morning, went to grab my towel & the whole towel bar came off the wall. Then I walked out the the door, locked & closed it, and realized my keys were still on the kitchen counter! Luckily I had a spare key in my bag...but I think that maybe I won't try any sewing tonight when I get home! LOL
Good luck to us all!!

sue

countrymaid 04-30-2007 07:30 AM

Whatever it is it must be spreading. I had a dead battery in the truck this morning and I just had it serviced. Oh well, the sun is out and lots of blue sky today. Wishing you all a happy day.

kathy 04-30-2007 08:45 AM

To Extreme Quilter, I would like to see your avatar better and to know what it is.

Yvonne 04-30-2007 09:26 AM

I agree that it must be spreading. My 6 inch block grew to 8 inches yesterday. Must be something in the water!
Back to square one today! :lol:

vicki reno 04-30-2007 09:43 AM

Now that sounds like what happens to me! LOL It has to be in the air. I had the windows open yesterday--just sewing away--happy as a bug in the rug. Then last night when it was time to assemble--nothing matched up like it should. I stopped and watch TV a lettle while and it didn't seem like the end of the world any more! :-)

ceannastahr 04-30-2007 06:43 PM

Oh boy what a day. not a problem with my quilting presay but the lack of it. Seem like everytime I sat down and got going in a good groove the phone would ring or my Dad would start calling. I finaly got tired of having to keep stopping and starting I just gave up . Maybe tomorrow will be quietier and I can get some serious work done, to make up for today