Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Ever have one of these days???

I haven't decided whether to pull my hair out, rant and rave, or just laugh. Yesterday I had the worst day of sewing I can ever remember...and I've been sewing for almost 50 years! It was mostly my own fault, however I did find one mistake in the instructions. If it could be cut wrong or stitched together wrong, I did it. Several times I took out the wrong seam and sewed it wrong the second time! I guess it was just one of those days, and with the morning I'm ready to start all over again...lol.

You just gotta love quilting, don't you?

Yup, I have had the same experiences on the quilt I am working on. If it can go wrong, it did. I cut wrong stitched wrong, you name it and I did it wrong. I am trying to get it done by the end of May and nothing is going right. I am worried that the recipient will want to just chuck in the trash after taking one look at it! And I still have to quilt it. I am just thankful it was only a lap quilt and nothing any bigger. I might have dumped it in the landfill then!

I have those days all the time. I pick myself up, dust myself off and start all over again. Once again, everyone!!

yep, been there , done that (more than once I have to say)
    today probabl everything will go smoothly and really make you wonder what the heck was wrong with you yesterday. Have fun.

Oh yeah! When I got out of the shower this morning, went to grab my towel & the whole towel bar came off the wall. Then I walked out the the door, locked & closed it, and realized my keys were still on the kitchen counter! Luckily I had a spare key in my bag...but I think that maybe I won't try any sewing tonight when I get home! LOL
    Good luck to us all!!

sue

Whatever it is it must be spreading. I had a dead battery in the truck this morning and I just had it serviced. Oh well, the sun is out and lots of blue sky today. Wishing you all a happy day.

To Extreme Quilter, I would like to see your avatar better and to know what it is.

I agree that it must be spreading. My 6 inch block grew to 8 inches yesterday. Must be something in the water!
    Back to square one today! :lol:

Now that sounds like what happens to me! LOL It has to be in the air. I had the windows open yesterday--just sewing away--happy as a bug in the rug. Then last night when it was time to assemble--nothing matched up like it should. I stopped and watch TV a lettle while and it didn't seem like the end of the world any more! :-)

Oh boy what a day. not a problem with my quilting presay but the lack of it. Seem like everytime I sat down and got going in a good groove the phone would ring or my Dad would start calling. I finaly got tired of having to keep stopping and starting I just gave up . Maybe tomorrow will be quietier and I can get some serious work done, to make up for today

I'm having one now. I'll be glad when it is over. :lol:

Kathy, re: my avatar. Sorry it didn't come out clearer. It's a landscape quilt I donated to Blankets of Hope of Soldiers' Angels. I started with a pretty panel of a countryside, then appliqued some fussy cut horses, added some foliage around them, and then carried the colors of the panel into the borders with large, pieced strips, some which used Ricky Tims' convergence method. Select areas of the border had yarn embellishments and different quilting designs I tried for the first time.

well Extreme, I'll bet it was really pretty. I'm going to try one of those (someday) after I get some UFOs F'd.lol

Thanks for all the support of my bad sewing day. I didn't take my troubles very seriously, as I knew tomorrow would be another day, but it surely tested my patience! As everyone knew would happen, yesterday's quilting day are a matter of history....until the next bad sewing day. lol