Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Ever lose interest in a project due to criticism?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ever-lose-interest-project-due-criticism-t20444.html)

2K 05-28-2009 05:00 PM

So I want to know, are you gonna do your own thing with this quilt so we can see it now that we all have a vested interest in it?

I'd like to see it now, before it's even finished! I think this thread has done us ALL good on one level or another.

C'mon, show us what your ORIGINAL idea was all about. :mrgreen:

ProLongarmARTQUILTER 05-28-2009 07:59 PM

:? I am verrry Surprised it wasn't at the Quilt Guild where a Quiltzilla or Quilt Police said it or An Unfeeling Person that is. Stick it out and keep on keeping on quilting!!!

LaughingRain 06-12-2009 01:33 PM

i once put together some blocks without concern for color.
It was after all just a mockup to practice with. I took it to the hospital, having just turned over the edges without binding
i took it with me to the hospital for comfort, My dh loved it, his mother said what an odd color combination, and the nurses oohed and ahed over it. So, it just goes to show you, anything you do at all is subject to criticism by someone. It does hurt when that is someone you love. But a project unfinished is just that , unfinished and it can change in a twinkling of an eye when the next step is taken.

Patty44 06-12-2009 01:47 PM

I know what you mean,I made a baby quilt and so I wouldn't have to buy material for the back I looked around my stash and foud some that I thought would work.Bayb quilts get used up so I thought that back wouldn't matter so much. My sister in law is real presis on every thing neat,everything must match,you can't wear any thing that dosn't match.I shouldn't have let it bother me,since I know how she is. I don't change to a white purse,I carry the same one till it falls apart then buy an new one.that kind of thing. Well,here is what she said when she looked at the quilt,well it's nice,but what is this you have on the back. So I have never given it to any one,and it is a nice big one. May have to put my dogs name on it and let him have it. I spend more time trying to save money than trying to make every little thing match perfectly. And yeh,I do wer black socks with sneakers sometimes.

MadQuilter 06-12-2009 02:15 PM

I have a rule that anyone who dares to exercise unqualified criticism of my work is OFF the list. They can kiss my formerly German white hiney and wait for hell to freeze over before they get a quilt. :evil: So far so good.

Patty44 06-13-2009 04:47 AM

If I ask my HB about a quilt,he says it's ok,but then he says that not matter what I ask. What do you want for dinner? What ever you want to cook... did you like dinner? It was ok.. But if I do fix something he doesn't like,once I fixed Veg. lazanaha,,he said, I don't know what that is,but don't fix for me again.... So every thing is just OK,,until I hit on something really bad..

dizzy 07-19-2009 09:04 PM

please go back to your first plan of doing it or you won't be happy an don't let his words hurt so much i had some nine patch squares i put into a black back ground an when i mentioned it they didn't like the sound but every body like it. it was put in a silent auction an my dad got it an gave it to dear friend for christmas 5yrs ago an i could have sold him the baby quilt to if i wanted it went for more

Kara 07-20-2009 12:09 AM

Why is it we let other people's opinion affect us so???

Post some pictures of it here. I'm sure you can get bolstered back into finishing.

My issue seems to lie in the lack of appreciation... so I just don't make quilts for people who I know won't appreciate them.