Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fabric Dept coming to Wal-Mart near you (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fabric-dept-coming-wal-mart-near-you-t137712.html)

Enchanted Quilter 07-14-2011 08:03 PM

I was in the Muskogee OK. Wal-Mart talking to the Manger about the fabric dept. They are clearing a space for it as I speak. He said a lot of the Wal-Marts are re entering the fabric dept to try to boost their sales. Said to may sewers have complained & stop shopping there. I advised him of our quilting blog,our mass # of quilters on it how we talk about them. How a lot of us no longer browse Wal-Mart because all the fabric dept are gone he took a lot of notes said he had heard about our Blog @ a regional meeting they even had some of our comments .So watch for more fabric dept to re appear in your store hopefully . Will post again after it is set up.

SherriB 07-14-2011 08:12 PM

It is so wonderful that our voices were finally heard by the higher ups at Walmart. Our Walmart looks like it may be getting a bunch of new fabrics in, probably fall/Halloween. I am excited because the prices aren't that bad and the quality so far has been very nice.

blueangel 07-14-2011 08:16 PM

Im glad they finally listened.

ibeesewin 07-14-2011 08:18 PM

Woooo....Hooooo..... :lol: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

babyfireo4 07-14-2011 11:19 PM

:) loving this :)

justflyingin 07-14-2011 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Enchanted Quilter
he took a lot of notes said he had heard about our Blog @ a regional meeting they even had some of our comments .

This is too funny! To think that corporate Walmart reads QB and takes notes on what people think here...

Of course, when I go back the states, I do look at Walmart for fabric and if they don't have any, the store just isn't very interesting anymore....so I leave.

I was so sad last time I went and most WM didn't have fabric. I've bought a LOT of fabric there that I really liked (and still like since I'm using it now).

ladybug45 07-15-2011 04:14 AM

Really glad to hear that. I was wondering if they would bring it back. I usually only go into Muskogee once a week with my daughter. She doesn't usually want to stop at Hancocks and Hobby Lobby is always closed because we go so late.

Thanks for posting this. By the way I live in Fort Gibson.

flowerjoy 07-15-2011 04:20 AM

I wont shop at Walmart, no matter how low their prices. Their employee practices are outrageous and denigrating. Nothing is worth the price to participate in subjecting others to such treatment. And yes, work is voluntary... but so is eating. Signed: not a Walmart fan.

ljptexas 07-15-2011 04:23 AM

I was in one 20 mi from me 2 days ago & sad to say, it was much, much smaller than 6 mths ago or so!!!
And the one closet to me is lots smaller too. Don't think their all the same, tho...

:thumbup: :thumbup:

kimscruzer 07-15-2011 04:23 AM

They put fabric back into one of my Walmarts. I have been there several times and there is NEVER anyone in the dept to help with cutting. I don't think it would be self serve ? They have lost alot of money from me for the above reason. Disappointed. :?