Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fell off my roller chair!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fell-off-my-roller-chair-t33713.html)

Justok 01-09-2010 10:27 PM

My sewing chair is on rollers and suddenly I was on the floor, just started laughing at myself, didn't get hurt. I turned the chair upside down to fix it and found out the reason why it broke. There was so much thread wound up in all 4 rollers it just wouldn't roll anymore. I always clean my brush on my vacuum but never thought to check the chair.

Jim's Gem 01-09-2010 10:30 PM

I have flipped myself off of mine too. I'm sure that if anyone saw me fall they would have thought it very funny. I did it when I was leaning forward to pick something up off the floor and the chair just scooted out from under me and I landed on my tush!

jljack 01-09-2010 10:30 PM

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: LMBO....the same thing happened to me a few weeks ago, but not because of the wheels being plugged. I just leaned over too far, and over I went!!!

Eddie 01-09-2010 10:34 PM

I think the only time I've come to a near mishap in the sewing room is when I've tripped over the iron cord. Have sent the iron hurtling to the concrete floor several times as a result.

Shadow Dancer 01-09-2010 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Eddie
I think the only time I've come to a near mishap in the sewing room is when I've tripped over the iron cord. Have sent the iron hurtling to the concrete floor several times as a result.

I put an eye hook in the ceiling, put the iron cord through an add a link and then attached the add a link to the eye hook in the ceiling. Iron cord is up off the floor and no more tripping. :)

Bethy 01-09-2010 11:29 PM

I fell off of my chair a few weeks ago while my girlfriend and I were working on some stuff. I went to scoot the chair thinking I was on my regular roller chair, and I slid off the chair onto the floor. Ann laughed her butt off and after the shock so did I. What a hoot. Bethy

sawsan 01-10-2010 02:12 AM

TAKE CARE not always ended happy
We get older ;) not all, but most of us :mrgreen:

sawsan 01-10-2010 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by Shadow Dancer

Originally Posted by Eddie

I put an eye hook in the ceiling, put the iron cord through an add a link and then attached the add a link to the eye hook in the ceiling. Iron cord is up off the floor and no more tripping. :)

I like your way to fix the cord thanks . "Its a good thing"
(Martha Stewart)

peaceandjoy 01-10-2010 05:18 AM

One other warning regarding chairs on wheels: Don't try to bend to the floor to pick up that string/pin/whatever that is j-u-s-t a little far away. The farther you lean to reach it, the faster the chair will fly out from under you in the opposite direction. :oops:

Oklahoma Suzie 01-10-2010 06:42 AM

Glad you didn't get hurt.