Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Finally got my Hancock's catalog (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/finally-got-my-hancocks-catalog-t211181.html)

GrannieAnnie 01-17-2013 10:22 AM

Like an idiot, I just had to look thru the rest of the catalog this morning.

I wonder if I ought to burn the blasted thing before it burns me.

Some fantastic fabrics----------------fantastic!

beatys9 01-17-2013 10:22 AM

I love looking through mine. I wait until everyone else in the house has gone to bed and snuggle up in a chair with a blanket to slowly admire each page & dream about the projects I could make with all those gorgeous fabrics! It's some of my favorite 'me time'.

Jan in VA 01-17-2013 11:17 AM

A quick page by page look last night before bed.....didn't give me any quilty dreams, though, :(.....showed me that there seems to be a return to more good yellows finally; been missing those in the past 2-4 years.

I keep the Hancock catalog all season for referring back to as I go along. Sometimes just the patterns give me ideas; then I can choose other colors by looking through their pages. But I pull mostly from my stash.

Still Hancocks is my favorite go-to place for so many things!

GrannieAnnie 01-17-2013 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA (Post 5793016)
A quick page by page look last night before bed.....didn't give me any quilty dreams, though, :(.....showed me that there seems to be a return to more good yellows finally; been missing those in the past 2-4 years.

I keep the Hancock catalog all season for referring back to as I go along. Sometimes just the patterns give me ideas; then I can choose other colors by looking through their pages. But I pull mostly from my stash.

Still Hancocks is my favorite go-to place for so many things!

There are several fabrics in the chinoiserie section (p.70) that are verrrrrrry tempting. I'm not a fan of pink, until someone combines it with lime green. ohhhhhhhhhhhh the "pink prosperity" sample. And the pink peacock garden and the mirabelle bouquet in green. For easy, I'm thinking Warm Wishes but I'd have to go elsewhere for the 3 rail piece.

Also several light house pieces. Another weakness of mine.

And butterflies.

and..............

nhweaver 01-17-2013 11:54 AM

Their catalog is wonderful, but the prices are up again. Such is life. I think that have the best selection around.

Lori S 01-17-2013 12:02 PM

I got mine and started turning the cormers of the pages that had "just got to have" fabrics... And then realized I was turning almost every page. Maybe I should turn the pages that do not have fabrics I am interested. When their catalog arrives it takes every ounce of self retraint not to stop everything and pour through every page.

auntpiggylpn 01-17-2013 01:30 PM

I just got a SECOND one in the mail today! Do you think this means there is something in there that I have to order???

nygal 01-17-2013 01:34 PM

I already placed an order for three yards of a fabric in the catalog that I just had to have!!!

GrannieAnnie 01-17-2013 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by nygal (Post 5793248)
I already placed an order for three yards of a fabric in the catalog that I just had to have!!!

I'm going to have to wait. At least until-----------------maybe Monday. lol

NanaCsews2 01-17-2013 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by bunniequilter (Post 5792753)
I requested one quite a while ago and am still waiting. Got tired of waiting so checked out the online version, but it isnt the same as the paper version.

I was given one at the store this past May. How often do the new catalogs come out? Haven't been able to order due to some unexpected expenses. You know- furnace, dryer, plumbing and vehicle repairs. All at the same time!