Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Find anything good at Joann's Labor Day sale?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/find-anything-good-joanns-labor-day-sale-t149992.html)

sueisallaboutquilts 09-03-2011 03:47 AM

I went yesterday. Didn't see much and the store wasn't busy.
But I got a new mat to replace the one I warped- it was the last one. Also got Eleanor Burns flying geese ruler. MSQC just did a new tutorial using them.

I was surprised that I didn't see much else but that's okay. Just wondering what the rest of you thought of the sale.

Have a great day, friends :D
Sue

luvstoquilt301 09-03-2011 04:05 AM

Am not shopping there due to a fabric stash that is too big. BUT I will tell you will love that ruler. It makes perfect FG

Honeynga 09-03-2011 04:07 AM

I'm going this a.m. (Sat.); then going into Atlanta and will go to Hancocks also....saw they have 50% off sale on quilting fabrics....but don't know what reg price is....

Have a short list of stuff I "need", backing, etc.......will see

Nana2Sew 09-03-2011 04:11 AM

I will be shopping at Joann's next weekend........will miss this sale. Did you buy the white cutting mat? This is on my list and was looking for any comments about it.
I have the flying geese ruler and love it!

Tinabodina 09-03-2011 04:13 AM

I don't think I will be going this weekend, but you never can tell where I will end up. I don't need anything really.

Charleen DiSante 09-03-2011 04:17 AM

I went yesterday, got 'coffee bean' fabric on Red Tag sale at $2. per yard. They were VERY busy at the cutting counter and it was running smoothly. The FQ's and bundles are 50% off and notions wall is too so got a few pencils and a set of beading needles. I made myself not buy more FQ's.

watterstide 09-03-2011 04:19 AM

i did! i got red tag p-leather, almost 12 yards for less than $3 a yard! My daughter who is a third grade teacher, has made up a reading area on the floor. she got 32" pillow forms at IKEA last year..6 of them, really cheap. wanted me to cover them in something that could be wiped clean..

i got the 50% off the red tag and another 20% off total order..we are both well pleased!
looks like i will be sewing them up today!

i didn't buy anything for me..so proud of myself!

sueisallaboutquilts 09-03-2011 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by Nana2Sew
I will be shopping at Joann's next weekend........will miss this sale. Did you buy the white cutting mat? This is on my list and was looking for any comments about it.
I have the flying geese ruler and love it!

No, I replaced my Olfa- the green one. Love that mat and had it for years. My fault that I ruined it :XD:

Charleen, I was so surprised the cutting table didn't have lines a mile long. Not sure why??

sueisallaboutquilts 09-03-2011 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt301
Am not shopping there due to a fabric stash that is too big. BUT I will tell you will love that ruler. It makes perfect FG

Yay!!!!!!!!!!! :D

lheartsl 09-03-2011 04:33 AM

Was ther yesterday..... I saw they had batting for 40 0/0 off.. Might be going tmorrow to get some..... I want a new bigger cutting mat... Have to wait for the next 50 off!