Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fons and Porter Quilt Program (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fons-porter-quilt-program-t20542.html)

bearisgray 05-25-2009 10:07 AM

What is it about their program?

I'm sure they have useful information, but I fall asleep trying to watch them.

I've managed to stay awake during most of the other ones I've watched - Alex Anderson, Kaye Wood, Eleanor Burns, Nancy Zieman

sewjoyce 05-25-2009 12:39 PM

LOL -- How early/late are they are on??? Sometimes the one that starts at 7am on Saturday morning puts me back to sleep--doesn't matter whose show it is :oops: :oops:

nativetexan 05-25-2009 02:24 PM

they are a little slow talking. like Sharlene jergerson's show i used to watch. can't think of the name of her show though. but so slooooowww.
Quilting in the heartland? think that was it.

Blue Bell 05-25-2009 05:18 PM

bearisgray,
That is so funny. Every time I watch their show on Thurs. at 2:30 PM, I fall asleep, as well, even if I am very interested in the program. Is there anyone else falling asleep?
Blue Bell

littlehud 05-25-2009 06:11 PM

They come on here in the afternoon. Everytime I sit down to watch I fall asleep. I thought it was because I had been busy all day and was tired, but after reading this maybe it's them. :) :) :)

Skeat 05-26-2009 06:49 AM

If you all wouldn't stay up all night quilting...you might not fall asleep when the gett'ns getting good:)LOL They did have a great show here on Saturday...and, I'll have to try it. They sewed strips of bright colors on black between....about a 4-5" square...sewed it right on a foundation piece...I think a light muslin would work great. Once sewn, they trimmed to the correct size....and, x's 4...put the blocks together and matched up the colors..they looked super! Missed the name of it...and, I wasn't sleeping:)LOL Good show...you slept right thru it maybe!:)Skeat

Rose Marie 05-26-2009 07:31 AM

If I had to quilt the way they do I would fall asleep quilting.
The glove thing drives me crazy. I live in Az and will not put on a hot glove.
I bought thier triangle corner cutter and have never used it, what a waste of time.
I do like the 1/2 inch ruler and use it to make El Burns method for half sq triangles.
Thier gadgets are expensive so buy the same thing only by cheaper makers. With Joanns coupons I have quite a collection of gadgets now.

borntoquilt 05-26-2009 07:34 AM

I lost all my quilting shows when we switched from satelite dish to cable. boo hoo! I sure miss them BUT I have all you guys here to keep me busy.....

butterflywing 05-26-2009 12:47 PM

you guys are right. here i thought it was me. they are so slow and their voices are very soothing, no wonder they relax you back to sleep.

watch with a cold drink in your hand to help stay awake. i have dish and i keep them on 'memory' until i want to see them. sometimes the shows pile up until i have more than a dozen waiting. where i live every day at 3 PM there's another sewing/quilting show. i program to memorize them all. later i open each folder (show title) to see what i want to watch and toss the rest. there are times when i forget for weeks at a time. that's 5 shows each week, times, say, 3 weeks, that's 15 shows right there. ooops! by the way, another show is quilt in a day, at 12:30 AM on thursdays. on rfdtv. that makes 6 per week.

Blue Bell 05-26-2009 04:39 PM

Butterflywing,

You are so lucky to have all those quilts shows to watch. I only have one a week and it is Fons and Porter on Thurs. at 2:30. Unfortunately, I am one of those that falls asleep during the show and that makes me very unhappy for I do like the show. I am often not at home at this time so there are very few shows that I do watch. But this Thurs. I will be home for we need a repair to our well and I am afraid that it will be big bucks. So, I will have less money to spend on fabric.