Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Gadgets! Do we ever have enough? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/gadgets-do-we-ever-have-enough-t219971.html)

Rhonda Lee 04-25-2013 01:28 PM

Gadgets! Do we ever have enough?

Honestly, I think I have enough of these things and then I want more. Do I have a problem? Now I am looking at QuiltCut2. Do you have one and do you use it? I just watched a video and it looked fun. I have the Acuquilt Go and I really really like it. It has been so much fun to use and it's saved me time. I am happy I have it and I use it. Soo..what about the QuiltCut2? I love to read your responses.

PaperPrincess 04-25-2013 02:33 PM

I am also a gadget fanatic. My dad always said the proper tool for the proper job, and I guess I really took it to heart. I have the big Accucut Studio cutter. I bought it for my paper business, at least 10 years before I started quilting and have hundreds of dies. I have several strip cutters, but had been cutting more and more 3.5 and 4.5 inch strips with a ruler. When I added up what I would pay for these 2 studio dies, I realized I could spend the same amount and get a QuiltCut2. I went to the Grand Rapids AQS show last year and got a show special. I Love my Accucut Studio cutter and also Love my QuiltCut2.
My girlfriend came over Sunday and completely cut out 2 full size bed quilts in a couple hours.

feline fanatic 04-25-2013 02:35 PM

And gadget mania multiplies exponentially with a longarm! Templates, special handles, dohickies and gadgets to load the quilt on the rack, tools to draft quilting designs for whole clothes. Then there are gadgets we have adapted that aren't even quilting related until a quilter gets her paws on it, like an overhead projector, protractor, spices to use for marking instead of colored chalk (cinnamon!)

Maggiem 04-25-2013 02:45 PM

I'm definitely NOT a gadget fanatic. I love things that work, of course, but most of the time I'd rather devise my own!

garysgal 04-25-2013 03:34 PM

I seem to love the gadgets as well. Lately tho, I have been buying Go! Baby dies. It seems when I see one I tell myself I really need it. I just bought the 4 1/2" finished triangle. Finally I said no more. I have gadgets that I haven't even used!

nhweaver 04-25-2013 04:05 PM

I love gadgets, templates, books, magazines, thread, etc. I have so much that I can't find what I need. Then I go out and buy another one. Right now I cannot find my thread clipper, had 2 of them, this time next week I will have 3. This is the story of my life, but I love every minute of it.

mighty 04-25-2013 04:26 PM

I love gadgets!!!! I have not purchased the quiltcut2 it does look pretty cool. I have the go and the studio cutters so I can not justify what I would need it for.

Lisa Marie 04-25-2013 04:48 PM

I have the QuiltCut 2 its one of the best gadgets that I have purchased!

Lori S 04-25-2013 05:14 PM

I love my gadgets! But I am starting to feel like enough is enough! I still marvel at the rotary cutter having cut so many quilts from templates.. so I'm not inclined to go for a Quilt Cut , or other manufactures machine, plus the cost of the dies for the cutters makes it a tough one for me to get on board with.

Nammie to 7 04-25-2013 05:24 PM

What does the QuiltCut 2 do? I've thought about getting the eBosser - it uses dies for leaves, etc but I haven't really decided yet. If you could have just one what would you get?