Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   A gift for help? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/gift-help-t23555.html)

Chrissy in Nisky 07-31-2009 09:07 PM

Ok, one of my co-workers/friends has helped me through the first quilt that I have made. We got together 3 times, at least 2 hours each time. I would like to get her a little something for her help, as I know that private lessons are probably really expensive. I thought about a GC to the LQS, but I was wondering if anybody had any better ideas. What do you think? And BTW, what would I have paid for some private lessons???

amma 07-31-2009 09:25 PM

I would make her a set of coasters, pot holders, something of that nature. She may really appreciate something that you took the time to make for her :wink: that would be my favorite kind of thank you gift :D 8)

bearisgray 07-31-2009 09:48 PM

A written thank you note for sure -

I think what else you do depends on your finances at the moment -

cutebuns 07-31-2009 09:57 PM

The gift card is a nice idea, but I prefer after helping someone that I really like if they make me something, doesn't have to be quilted or anything, if you do other crafts or stuff, a jar of homemade jam, a home made card, baking is another one. Maybe something that she doesn't do.

SulaBug 07-31-2009 10:36 PM

I say that either the gift card or
something that you have made
just for her. I am sure that she
would just love it!!
:D :D :D :D :D

May in Jersey 07-31-2009 11:09 PM

Sometimes a bought gift isn't the right gift. I'm sure the gal who helped you begin quilting would be thrilled to recieve something that you made yourself.

My favorite 'little' gifts that I keep on hand are plastic bag holders that I've made in some bright fabrics or a jar of homemade jam with a jar of corn bread mix. Next item I plan to add to my 'little gift' list are fabric grocery bags, the 'in' thing for Going Green. May in Jersey

earthwalker 07-31-2009 11:11 PM

I have no idea what private lessons would cost. I am sure your friend would love just a nice card and maybe a small thing you have created yourself...I often give plants as gifts...just something for indoors that looks pretty, or you could make a tote bag or buy a nice book.

blahel 07-31-2009 11:29 PM

I would probably give her a gift voucher and a homemade gift because as we all know there is always something more you need from the quilt shop. :lol: Someone recently helped me and I made them a pumpkin cake, some homemade relish and a also gave a gift voucher and the gifts were more than gratefully received. Other things to consider might be two tickets to the movies which i have found most people love to receive but ofcourse it depends on her interests. Candles and pamper products are usually always well received too. Or just take her out to a nice lunch or dinner...

azdesertrat 08-01-2009 02:14 AM

I agree with everyone,something that you have made,cookies bread etc or GC would be very nice

JCL in FL 08-02-2009 08:19 PM

I'd be thrilled with a gift card and lunch. I must be picky but I think gift cards are the perfect for any occasion or reason. And there is always something I just don't buy for myself but it I have a gift card, I go ahead and get it. and think of the person who gave me the card. I always make a point out of telling the person who gave me the card what I got. Just sharing the love of quilting with someone is a thrill in itself.