Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Going to Paducah (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/going-paducah-t40413.html)

Ninnie 03-23-2010 04:11 AM

I am going to the quilt show in Paducah this year, it is my first show and I am so excited!! is anyone else going, and what should i be sure and not miss? :-D

shaverg 03-23-2010 04:31 AM

Ninnie, I am so jealous. :mrgreen: I have never been, but have always wanted to go.

You're going to have a great time.

mic-pa 03-23-2010 04:51 AM

the show of coarse, then Eleanor Burns shop, the museum, Hancocks of Paducah and the Kentucky Oaks Mall. All of them have quilts and vendors. You will be over whelmed as I was the first time. Wish I were going this year, but its not to be. Enjoy

DebraK 03-23-2010 04:56 AM

Sounds like it should be the title of a movie ;-)

ToucanSam 03-23-2010 04:57 AM

I'm jealous but happy for you! You're going to have a blast!!

fabric-holic 03-23-2010 05:23 AM

I've never been but I'd love to go someday.
If it were held during the summer I'd have a better chance of getting away from work.
It's only a 6 hour drive from me so it wouldn't be too difficult to get there.
I hope you have a great time and maybe meet some of the people who are part of this great board.

cjomomma 03-23-2010 05:40 AM

I'm only 45 minutes away from Paducah and have never gone to the quilt show. The reason being is I have a hard time handling large crowds of people sometimes, so I just try to avoid crowds whenever I can. One day I am gonna force myself to go. I think!!!!!!

knlsmith 03-23-2010 07:13 AM

OOO ME ME ME! LOL I am going and bringing my big strong bag man with me!! (My hubby) we bought and paid for our hotel room in November'ish. Have to stay in Marion Illinois, but only 45 min on interstate (or less if I drive and he doesnt *snicker sniker*)

Woo Hoo Can't wait SQUEAL

BellaBoo 03-23-2010 07:49 AM

I have gone every year for the last few years. I go alone. I can't stand to have someone with me at a quilt show that will say are you ready to eat? or you going to stay here any longer? Didn't you see this yesterday? My feet hurt, I'm hot, I'm thirsty, I think I need to sit down for awhile. I know even if they don't complain I have to ask, are you hungry, tired, need to rest? Nope, not for me. I go there to get my quilt motivation, my shopping, my quilt time. I drive there about 5 hours away, I park the car at Hancock's and stop by every so often to put my packages in the trunk. I ride the shuttles to every quilting stop. When I'm ready I go to the motel for the night. If you have the chance to go, GO! One day I might not be able to drive or walk all day, or have the means to go so I'm going while I can. I don't want to look back and say why didn't I do that when I could.

PurplePassion 03-23-2010 08:39 AM

Bella Boo; you are one smart women!! I want to go to so many places and see so many things. I would love to go to Paduca; but my bad knees tell me NO.