Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Going Strange with Excitement (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/going-strange-excitement-t4975.html)

Quilting Aggi 03-06-2008 10:16 AM

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I'm soooooo excited!!!

Only 15 minutes ago I got my copy of EQ6!!! the lady even dropped it off at my work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why oh why cant' the next hour and a half go faster so I can get home and play play play!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay... so needing to know from those of you out there if there is any advice I could do with when I am to start playing with my new toy!

The lady (who is also a student of mine and sells fabric and sewing stuff from her home) also order a copy of a beginner's book to EQ that she bought for herself.. she is loaning it to me.. she is calling it her "Special Ed book" She and a couple other gals in the class joke around saying they are my Special Ed students LOL

oooh I'm sooooooooo excited!!

ooh CRAP!!! I have a hair appt. first right after work before I play.. hmmm I think I'll take the Special Ed EQ book to the salon with me so I can read it while waiting for my colour foils to set!!!

Did anyone else get this excited when they got their copy??? or is it just me???

Cheers
Andrea

Kyiav10 03-06-2008 10:33 AM

Congratulations on your purchase. Unfortunately I do not own the program but congrats to you.

Kyia

Quilting Aggi 03-06-2008 11:55 AM

wioopiieee!! its 4:30!! work day is over.... getting the hair done, gonna run up to Costco to price and possibly buy an external hard drive then home for the girl's regular quilting night and to play with my new toy!!!!!!!

toodles til tomorrow!

scarlett686_ 03-06-2008 12:08 PM

hi Aggi,
I had gotten the EQ5 one but never did use it.....I never really understand I guess how it worked, I still have it, but its not downloaded on my pc.
Good luck on yours.
scarlett

RoseB 03-06-2008 06:10 PM

I use my EQ6 a lot and love it! If you really want to get the most out of it you might want to try to get on the info-eq list. You can get help with just about anything there, just be prepared for a lot of emails. Daily digest would be my thoughts.

barbsbus 03-06-2008 06:42 PM

My kids gave me EQ6 a year ago Christmas and I am always playing with it. You will love it

Harmony 03-06-2008 10:45 PM

Although I've never made a quilt I've designed with EQ6, I'm always playing with it.

Good hint--take it to Kinko's and get it spiral-bound. Doesn't cost much, and then it will lay flat on the desk while you're looking at it and figuring things out. They'll even do it while you wait, so you don't have to leave your precious book behind! :wink:

annmarie 03-07-2008 07:37 AM

So Aggi - you've left us hanging here!!! HOW WAS IT????????

Quilting Aggi 03-07-2008 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by annmarie
So Aggi - you've left us hanging here!!! HOW WAS IT????????

I'M LOVING IT!!! I was given a loan of a book called EQ6 Simplified by the girl who sold me my own software (she is a student of mine that sells fabrics and notions and quilty stuff from her home). I almost have the first lesson done.. I think there are 8-9 lessons in total.. I think my next step is to learn how to calculate yardage and such.

I need to know if there is a way I can display my designs on this website for instance or if I get into eq challenges on their website and such??? any suggestions welcome :) I reeeally would like to show off my first quilt design to you all!

thimblebug6000 03-07-2008 08:28 AM

Maybe you could send a PM to Patrice, she seems to be able to make EQ do whatever she wants? I have EQ5 but just play around with it.