Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Grocery bag block picking! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/grocery-bag-block-picking-t34365.html)

MadQuilter 01-17-2010 02:44 PM

what the heck is up with double posts these days?

Oklahoma Suzie 01-17-2010 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Marcia
You can lay your blocks out on a bed and then pick them up row by row to sew together.

that's how I do mine.

ladygen 01-17-2010 03:10 PM

With that pattern, because each piece is already value-sorte, I say go for it. If you need to swap one or two along the way, so be it. It should be absolutely gorgeous when you're done grocery bag picking it!

Just make sure you don't make any of your rows too long!

amma 01-17-2010 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by ladygen
With that pattern, because each piece is already value-sorte, I say go for it. If you need to swap one or two along the way, so be it. It should be absolutely gorgeous when you're done grocery bag picking it!

I LOVE your avatar :D:D:D the little one wrapped like a burrito is so adorable and the older one is having toooo much fun with him LOL

butterflywing 01-17-2010 05:36 PM

i'm still trying to catch up. is it supposed to be all the darks in the lower left and all the lights in the upper right?

Jim's Gem 01-17-2010 05:45 PM

I do that sometimes. However, I do cheat and not place two of the same color right next to eachother. So, I guess that's double dipping. I love the scrappy look (that's why the same fab can't touch)

ladygen 01-17-2010 07:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by amma

Originally Posted by ladygen

I LOVE your avatar :D:D:D the little one wrapped like a burrito is so adorable and the older one is having toooo much fun with him LOL

Hah, Amma. Thanks! That was hubby and our son last night - hubby grabbed the quilt after I took a picture of it, and they had a blast wrestling with each other. Cyrus (DS) figured out how to unroll himself... then rolled himself right back up and taunted Daddy to play some more.

(Sorry to take over the thread... it's just so much fun sharing my guys!)

MadQuilter 01-17-2010 07:46 PM

looks like a Cyrus-stuffed quilt-burrito.

littlehud 01-17-2010 08:37 PM

I'm not sure I would be willing to try that. I lay mine out on the bed. I have to shut the door because my quilt inspector cats want to help. Just like the one in my avatar.

Pam G 01-17-2010 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by erhausfrau

Originally Posted by butterflywing
i wouldn't bet the farm on it :mrgreen:

What = the quilt turning out or the Vikings winning!!!!!! Edie

Didn't the Vikings Kick Butt today?? :lol: