Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   guess today was my lucky day! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/guess-today-my-lucky-day-t116692.html)

fabric whisperer 04-16-2011 07:01 PM

Lots or members know I'm getting ready to start a large wedding quilt, hanky butterflies for my special niece's wedding in June... Well, I've spent time getting them all washed and prepped so I can dive into this project next week...

Everyone seems to really like the Mary Ellen's Best Pressed... I haven't ever used it, so was heading off to get some... there is a GoodWill right near my destination, and I popped in, gut feeling that something was calling my name.

Of course, I headed to domestics first, thinking maybe I'd find a Featherweight treasure or something like that... nope, but something still calling my name...

So I wandered around, we always check for dishes to match our hard-to-match pattern... nope, not that. Looked at some cute dresses for DD ... nope, not that either.

So, I turn around to look at the beaniebabies for DD, and BAM. like 40 bottles of MEBP! Something told me to stop there first... AND I had one of the GW Customer Appreciation cards already filled, so I got 35% off my measly 1.50 price of each bottle (they are 8 oz. bottles, each with sprayer head, so I bought 15. I think I have enough for my project, plus the rest of my life. YAY!

LoriEl 04-16-2011 07:03 PM

Way to go!!

np3 04-16-2011 07:07 PM

That was a good find! I would have purchased all of them!!!

Pickles 04-16-2011 07:07 PM

Lucky you !!!

fabric whisperer 04-16-2011 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by np3

(um, don't tell the hubby, I'm probably headed back tomorrow a.m., want to get the rest of 'em ~ although I already blew my savings card today... LOL)... I figured it'll keep on the shelf, right? That's my story, and I'm stickin' 2 it!!!

And they are small enough to stash here and there, and take with me when I go camping & take quilty projects... and my kids wear school uniforms... and ... and ...

bluteddi 04-16-2011 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by fabric whisperer

Originally Posted by np3

(um, don't tell the hubby, I'm probably headed back tomorrow a.m., want to get the rest of 'em ~ although I already blew my savings card today... LOL)... I figured it'll keep on the shelf, right? That's my story, and I'm stickin' 2 it!!!

And they are small enough to stash here and there, and take with me when I go camping & take quilty projects... and my kids wear school uniforms... and ... and ...

go get em girl!!!

np3 04-16-2011 07:30 PM

I buy the big gallon bottles. Yes it will keep. Maybe you can get the same clerk and still get your discount! Although it is still a fantastic price!

amandasgramma 04-16-2011 07:31 PM

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Painiacs 04-16-2011 07:35 PM

What is mebp?

LAB55 04-16-2011 07:44 PM

Great find !! :-D