Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: guess today was my lucky day!

Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!
    Lots or members know I'm getting ready to start a large wedding quilt, hanky butterflies for my special niece's wedding in June... Well, I've spent time getting them all washed and prepped so I can dive into this project next week...

Everyone seems to really like the Mary Ellen's Best Pressed... I haven't ever used it, so was heading off to get some... there is a GoodWill right near my destination, and I popped in, gut feeling that something was calling my name.

Of course, I headed to domestics first, thinking maybe I'd find a Featherweight treasure or something like that... nope, but something still calling my name...

So I wandered around, we always check for dishes to match our hard-to-match pattern... nope, not that. Looked at some cute dresses for DD ... nope, not that either.

So, I turn around to look at the beaniebabies for DD, and BAM. like 40 bottles of MEBP! Something told me to stop there first... AND I had one of the GW Customer Appreciation cards already filled, so I got 35% off my measly 1.50 price of each bottle (they are 8 oz. bottles, each with sprayer head, so I bought 15. I think I have enough for my project, plus the rest of my life. YAY!

Blog Entries
    Way to go!!

np3
    Blog Entries
    That was a good find! I would have purchased all of them!!!

Lucky you !!!

Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!
    Quote Originally Posted by np3
    (um, don't tell the hubby, I'm probably headed back tomorrow a.m., want to get the rest of 'em ~ although I already blew my savings card today... LOL)... I figured it'll keep on the shelf, right? That's my story, and I'm stickin' 2 it!!!

And they are small enough to stash here and there, and take with me when I go camping & take quilty projects... and my kids wear school uniforms... and ... and ...

Quote Originally Posted by fabric whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by np3
    (um, don't tell the hubby, I'm probably headed back tomorrow a.m., want to get the rest of 'em ~ although I already blew my savings card today... LOL)... I figured it'll keep on the shelf, right? That's my story, and I'm stickin' 2 it!!!

And they are small enough to stash here and there, and take with me when I go camping & take quilty projects... and my kids wear school uniforms... and ... and ...
    go get em girl!!!

np3
    Blog Entries
    I buy the big gallon bottles. Yes it will keep. Maybe you can get the same clerk and still get your discount! Although it is still a fantastic price!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    What is mebp?

Blog Entries
    Great find !! :-D

np3
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Painiacs
    What is mebp?
    Mary Ellen's Best Press

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Painiacs
    What is mebp?
    Mary Ellen's Best Press it is like a starch or sizing. I use a sizing for fabric

I have yet to score anything like that at any of the Goodwill's, DAV's, SAs around here. But then I live in an area that has lots of quilt/fabric shops so that is probably why 'gold' like that isn't found here.

so as long as I keep it in cool dry storage it'll keep well (my bookshelves in the sewing room, in a storage box)? yay... I think I'll have to get the rest tomorrow... or at least a lot of the rest. They had the Lavendar Fields & Carribean Beach ones :)

What a cool find. I love that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by lovequilts
    What a cool find. I love that stuff.
    I had never heard of it until joining this group... I have gotten some great recommendations on numerous products, all because y'all have tried & tested 'em for us goofy quilters who HATE ironing... I totally despise it. My 13 year old DD irons fabrics when they come up from the wash... she loves it. But we both hate ironing the kids uniform shirts... I'm hoping this will make 'em easier...

But, this seems to be what experienced quilters swear by for doing delicate precise stuffs, so I'm ready! :D

Way to go....sometimes it is very useful listening to the "little voice calling"! Buying in bulk is never wasteful if it is something you can use. We do it all the time, lots cheaper in the long run, our kids profit from it too, they often "shop" (no payment changes hands!)in our cellar.

Temple, TX (Transplanted from New York 2010)
    That's AWESOME fabric whisperer. Lucky you. I am green with envy. Have a blessed day.

;) ;) ;)debra ;) ;) ;)

Blog Entries
    What a great deal :D:D:D

Oh you lucky girl!! That would be awesome!! My favorite stuff!!

Hi...Please can someone tell me what Mary Ellen's Best Pressed is and what you use it for....I'm presuming it might be a startch....never startched my fabric...should I?

wow! thought i got a really good deal when i came upon 8 bottles at joanns on clearance for $1.75 each. wished they had more but that was all that was left.
    congrats.

i always respond to the inner call --90% pays off--good score

I have just been inducted into the MEBP fan club as I had not heard of it until on this board. WOW, what I have been missing until now. My sewing room will not be without it ever again. 'Course, I did not get quite such a good bargain as you did.

Nice job!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast