Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Guild meeting times (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/guild-meeting-times-t72172.html)

mawcarol 10-25-2010 04:55 AM

Do most guilds meet at night? I would like to join a local guild ,but the ones near me meet at night. I can not see to drive after dark. Why don't they have a morning group for those that don't work and can't see to get out and about after dark?
I was just wondering if this is a problem for anyone else? I am just venting this morningI guess. This board always has an encouraging word for everone and I guess I just need one this morning.

Jim's Gem 10-25-2010 04:57 AM

Mine meets on the Second Tuesday of the Month, at 9:30.
I usually miss it because I am very involved with MOPS as a Mentor mom and we meet every other Tuesday. It just happens that they fall on the same day quite frequently!
I work from 12-5 Tuesdays so I can help out at MOPS :cry: :cry:

sahm4605 10-25-2010 05:02 AM

you should check the senior centers. there is one near my house that has a quilting group that meets there during the day for quilting. Not sure if they are their own guild or just something like a sewing bee, but it is something to check out. hope this helps.

CarrieAnne 10-25-2010 05:14 AM

I kind of have the same problem...its just so far, andf I would have to drive at night too. Always affraid will hit a deer or something, and I just hatedriving at night too!

grammyp 10-25-2010 05:28 AM

Our local guild meets at 10am on the 2nd and 3rd Tuesdays. But that is a hard time for me. I do wish they would meet in the evening.

Maride 10-25-2010 05:29 AM

While at Plattsburgh my guild met on Wednesdays at 6:30 ending at 9:00PM. This was good because I was working and things were a lot more relaxed. I couldn't do those hours now if I wanted it. I joined one in NYC and the meetings are on Saturday, starting at 10:00 with meeting of different interests groups. You decide to which ones you want to go. The whole guild meets at 1:00PM and is over before 5:00. They bring great guest speakers too. In November is Laura Wasilowski from The Chicago School of Fusing. Looking forward to that one.

sidmona 10-25-2010 05:31 AM

My guild meets the first Monday of the month from 6:30 to 9. Luckily I don't have far to drive b/c I hate driving at night.

azdesertrat 10-25-2010 05:32 AM

Our guild has 2 times tues nite at 730 then the following wed morn at nine,of course once a month
You might check with your local LQS and see if there are any quilting bees that get together during the day that you can attend
I know herre ib town we have 7-8 seperate from the guild meeting,just to gather,work on projects and socialize

KathyAire 10-25-2010 05:40 AM

Since I am retired, I don't like evening or weekend things. I joined my guild mainly because it is the only one I could find that meets during the day.

charmpacksplus 10-25-2010 05:46 AM

Our guild has a 9:30am meeting and another at 6:30pm. But we have almost 200 members so unless we found a bigger place, we couldn't all fit in there at the same time anyway.