Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hand Quilter (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hand-quilter-t96863.html)

Elsie 02-04-2011 10:06 PM

I love hand quilting also hand piecing . In hand quilting i use all cotton fabric and thread i like cotton but sometimes can't get cotton i will use poly,cotton in thread love to set watch t.v and hand quilt in the spring i love setting outside and do my work i use 10 or 11 needles sometimes i love to watch other doing hand quilting on the you tube . so let us all know how you like doing your work and when and were love too here

sharon b 02-04-2011 10:12 PM

I am starting on what I am calling a cookie cutter quilt :lol: It is applique that I sewed down by machine but am hand quilting it and doing it in the style of a quilt as you go - 30s fabric on a muslin background - hope this works out the way I picture it in my mind :roll: LOL

Elsie 02-04-2011 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
I am starting on what I am calling a cookie cutter quilt :lol: It is applique that I sewed down by machine but am hand quilting it and doing it in the style of a quilt as you go - 30s fabric on a muslin background - hope this works out the way I picture it in my mind :roll: LOL

love to see it sharon b

craftybear 02-04-2011 10:29 PM

post a picture for us so we can see what you have done on it, please

Originally Posted by sharon b

Borntohandquilt 02-05-2011 03:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the place where I sit for hours to work on my quilts! I like to watch/hear the TV or listen to music while I quilt. It's one of my favourite places in our little house...

Diana Lynne 02-05-2011 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by Elsie
I love hand quilting also hand piecing . In hand quilting i use all cotton fabric and thread i like cotton but sometimes can't get cotton i will use poly,cotton in thread love to set watch t.v and hand quilt in the spring i love setting outside and do my work i use 10 or 11 needles sometimes i love to watch other doing hand quilting on the you tube . so let us all know how you like doing your work and when and were love too here

I really love doing hand quilting, its relaxing (even when I make mistakes) :-D ..Most of the time, I quilt while watching tv with my family..Just started quilting around the end of Nov so a newbie here but I have a feeling that quilting is something that I am going to love and enjoy for a long long time..

ptquilts 02-05-2011 03:58 AM

I too like to handquilt while listening to the radio or TV. I love any kind of handwork, esp. applique although I don't do it too often.

dkabasketlady 02-05-2011 06:27 AM

I usually set in the family room with my DH while he's watching tv. I find it very relaxing when I'm hand quilting. I'm currently working on a quilt for my older brother and hope to have it done by his b-day in Nov. It's a surprise for him so I'm not on a timeline to get it done(I don't like to quilt under pressure).

Elsie 02-05-2011 07:57 AM

love it wish i had a place to set and look that way

Elsie 02-05-2011 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Diana Lynne

Originally Posted by Elsie

I really love doing hand quilting, its relaxing (even when I make mistakes) :-D ..Most of the time, I quilt while watching tv with my family..Just started quilting around the end of Nov so a newbie here but I have a feeling that quilting is something that I am going to love and enjoy for a long long time..

it is relaxing you will enjoy it more you do better and you get better stitches as you keep on going on the hand quilting keep it up