Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   It holds my pedal in place! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/holds-my-pedal-place-t205923.html)

w7sue 11-15-2012 09:09 AM

I love the car mat idea. I have some from the last car I totalled. Wondered why I have been saving them. Going to give one of them a try since I sew in a carpeted room and am always chasing my foot control. I keep my sewing machne on a fabric placemat so I can scoot it out of the way for trimming, etc. I don't have trouble with that scooting away like the foot does.

JNCT14 11-15-2012 09:38 AM

I have hardwood floors in my sewing room and I have tried:
Rubber shelf liner
Velcro
Mousepads
Shortening the cord
'Feet' made by putting lumps of hot glue on the bottom of the pedal

AND I have a back on my sewing table so technically the pedal should hit it and stay there - instead it goes sideways.

GGRRRRRRRRRR

pinebeltquilter 11-15-2012 10:04 AM

Pedal Grip

I found just the thing to keep my machine pedal from sliding from a vendor at out last quilt show. Are you ready? The name of the product is "Get a Grip" by Martelli Enterprise from Pensacola, Fl phone # is 850-433-1414. This absolutely works! I bought one for my 2 sewing machines and my serger.

Pete 11-15-2012 10:05 AM

I also have a pedal mat from Martelli that I love...prior to it I used Steady Betty, the pedal stayed on the mat , but it moved on the rug.

roguequilter 11-15-2012 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO (Post 5657827)
My other problem. With a foot pedal is .........how do you stop a dog going asleep on the pedal.

...or insisting that the pedal is the only place to chew on his hoofie...or chew on toys on the leg connected to the foot that is operating the pedal...one way i have found...the right foot sews....the left foot wards off the doggy. helps to be dextrous though :)

CAS49OR 11-15-2012 11:33 AM

I have a small square of the cushioned drawer liner. I also have it under my machines to cut down on noise.

crtwelvecats 11-15-2012 12:19 PM

i have a wood floor where i sew so I cut the rubber shelving the size of a small mat. my pedal stays but also my other foot can go on it instead of the cold floor cause i am one of those who can't sew with shoes.but away from the machine need my slippers on, go figure. LOL

roguequilter 11-15-2012 01:55 PM

i don't know if the mat cuts down on noise or not. just got a newish janome 1600p off craigs list. pretty quiet. but if i am machine quilting...my machines always slide a bit. so i just routinely set up this way now. haven't tried quilting on the janome yet, pretty heavy machine, but on the pad anyway. i sew in d room on 1800's oak table. also don't want it gouged by machine moving. and..i also sew w the pedal foot bare...get in the "groove" and am up and down one slipper on one off as i pin up on wall and back to machine...forgetting to put slipper back on the pedal foot. sometimes that foot gets pretty darned chilled :)

KathyPhillips 11-15-2012 02:02 PM

I use the ripply shelf liners that are like rubber. They come in different colors. You only need a small piece to put under the pedal, and it works on carpet or other surfaces.

Peckish 11-15-2012 04:15 PM

Another solution that I haven't seen posted yet is to attach your foot pedal to the leg of your table, and sew with your knee, instead. I have an old Singer in a cabinet that has this option, it works pretty well!