Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How do I downsize my stash? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-do-i-downsize-my-stash-t180463.html)

Jean in Ohio13452 02-26-2012 07:00 PM

I think I will move in next door to You..... and you can adopt me...:D
that is one big Stash.

bunbytes 02-26-2012 09:15 PM

She who dies with the most fabric wins. I believe you may have already won! I'm sure people would be delighted to pay postage for these beautiful fabrics, especially since you are selling them at a reduced price. I'll be watching for your sale.

Cathleen Colson 02-27-2012 09:47 PM

Our Guild accepts donation fabric at our monthly meetings. It is sold there by the pound. Any that isn't sold goes to the storage locker and comes out to the Bargain Garden at our annual Quilt Show. Sells for $3/grocery bag the first day, then goes down in price the second day, to $2, then $1/bag. The last hour of the show it is free! We get rid of a whole storage locker full by the end of the show, make lots of $$ for the Guild and make lots of quilters/crafters happy!

fffriend 02-28-2012 01:20 AM

What a great idea! I'll be sure to mention this in our church group. Our stockpile is growing out of the shelves.

Quilterfay 02-28-2012 10:13 AM

I went to a sale that a lady had advertised in the paper all fabric 1.00 per yard. She stacked all the fabric she wanted to sale in her dining room. Right inside the front door. People came and bought like crazy.

Doreen 02-28-2012 11:23 AM

Wow! That's a stash and a half. If you belong to a guild or know of one, I would let them know that you have fabric for sale. You can sell at so much per yard. How old is the fabric?

ksbar 02-28-2012 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Jean in Ohio13452 (Post 5011678)
I think I will move in next door to You..... and you can adopt me...:D
that is one big Stash.

I'm with Jean! Did you know you have a California sister who'll be happy to share the rent (and the stash)?

LadyElisabeth 02-28-2012 04:49 PM

Help also with an answer to downsizing. I too, am afraid of Craig's List as I am alone and don't want strange people coming to me house. I have tried to sell here on QB but not much success except for the first time. I need to downsize because I found the love of my life at our 50th high school reunion. Moving from a big house to a very tiny one. Still will quilt.

fffriend 03-11-2012 09:03 AM

Wow, that is amazing. That goes to show that it is never too late:o

faykilgore 03-11-2012 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by LadyElisabeth (Post 5017085)
Help also with an answer to downsizing. I too, am afraid of Craig's List as I am alone and don't want strange people coming to me house. I have tried to sell here on QB but not much success except for the first time. I need to downsize because I found the love of my life at our 50th high school reunion. Moving from a big house to a very tiny one. Still will quilt.

That is so awesome! God bless you both!