Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How do you decide? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-do-you-decide-t46022.html)

ginnie6 05-16-2010 04:45 AM

I'm going to start a new quilt...yes even before I'm done with the two I need to finish. But I can't decide which I like better! I hate decisions. Whatever I choose it will be scrappy. So the two I have narrowed it down to is...a log cabin or bear paws and tracks. This one will be a king size for my bed so its not going to be one that is completed quickly. But I figure if I can do a block here and block there to give me a break from what I'm working on now that will be good. So which one should I pick?

marsye 05-16-2010 04:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by ginnie6
I'm going to start a new quilt...yes even before I'm done with the two I need to finish. But I can't decide which I like better! I hate decisions. Whatever I choose it will be scrappy. So the two I have narrowed it down to is...a log cabin or bear paws and tracks. This one will be a king size for my bed so its not going to be one that is completed quickly. But I figure if I can do a block here and block there to give me a break from what I'm working on now that will be good. So which one should I pick?

Why not incorporate both patterns? I think the 2 would go together great. ;) example below

Mamagus 05-16-2010 04:51 AM

Are you a new quilter? I found making a log cabin was very discouraging for me. A whole mess of sewing "straight lines" and then when I turned it over, it didn't look straight at all.

You might have better success than I did but the Bear paws and tracks sounds like a whole lot more fun to me.

raptureready 05-16-2010 04:51 AM

I did some 6 1/2" (completed) bear paw blocks and surrounded them with log cabins. It's a couch throw for my brother for Christmas. SO.... why not do both? I call mine Bear in the Cabin. His last name is Bear and his house is "cabin-y" so it works. I will say that 1" finished bear paw toes are hateful little things. I'll use Thangles next time. The center square on my bear paws was 1/2" finished.

CarrieAnne 05-16-2010 05:13 AM

I hate trying to decide too.....thats why I have so many UFO's, LOL!

no1jan 05-16-2010 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by marsye

Originally Posted by ginnie6

Why not incorporate both patterns? I think the 2 would go together great. ;) example below

I think that marsye has the perfect solution!!!

:thumbup: :) :thumbup:

Pam 05-16-2010 05:19 AM

King size is HUGE, I say use both blocks, if not, it could end up a UFO the same block over and over, sometimes too much of a good thing is too much.

fun2quilt 05-16-2010 05:38 AM

Love Marsye's idea! I say go for it!

sewcrafty 05-16-2010 07:03 AM

I think Marsye hit the nail on the head!!!! Go Girl!! :thumbup:

virtualbernie 05-16-2010 07:56 AM

I'm with Marsye!