Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How do you do it? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-do-you-do-t86967.html)

nance-ell 01-02-2011 06:56 AM

I'm always amazed at the talent on this board. Not just the sewing, but the creativity! I see so much I want to try, but finding time is my first challenge... before even thinking about the challenge of creating something worthy to share with you folks! Between work, housework, cooking, etc.... not to mention spending way too much time on this board... LOL. How do you all find the time?

sueisallaboutquilts 01-02-2011 06:58 AM

Ummm......... I don't.
I'm here too much hahahaha

Lacelady 01-02-2011 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by nance-ell
I'm always amazed at the talent on this board. Not just the sewing, but the creativity! I see so much I want to try, but finding time is my first challenge... before even thinking about the challenge of creating something worthy to share with you folks! Between work, housework, cooking, etc.... not to mention spending way too much time on this board... LOL. How do you all find the time?

I'm not half as quick as a lot of others here, I too am amazed at how many quilts some people produce.

happymrs 01-02-2011 07:13 AM

You have to take time to do what you love! When I worked, I met so many who said, "I don't have time to sew". Well, I always took time, because I loved it so much, & feel the same about quilting now. Even if it's just a few minutes here & there, or a little time, now & then, make time for it. Believe me, if you really enjoy it, it's good therapy too, & you will be glad you did!...

blossom808 01-02-2011 07:16 AM

Dont let the time fly by. It goes to quickly.
aloha blossom

BellaBoo 01-02-2011 07:16 AM

I don't work anymore. I quit as soon as the last child was out of college. But when I did work, one of my off days were not spent working at home. The kids did the housework as soon as they started wanting extra money and car privileges. Everyone did their own laundry and DH discovered when he was hungry he didn't have to wait for me to be hungry before he ate. I worked 10 hour days so no way was I going to give up doing what I enjoyed when I was home. I didn't see the kids or DH give up any of their time. Moms/wives always seem to put themselves last for doing anything for themselves. Why?

pab 01-02-2011 07:19 AM

Look for 15 minutes here and there 7 learn to give yourself some time for the things you love to do...like quilting! pab

kriscraft99 01-02-2011 07:20 AM

I'm right there with it - there are so many projects I want to do but so little time to do them.

leonajo 01-02-2011 07:21 AM

Mostly weekends for me. When I get home from work during the week, I have to fix supper and then spend time with DH. He really does not even want me on the computer for more than 15-20 min, lol.My sewing room is upstairs so he can't see me...ei just have to fit it in....he does not throw fits, just gives me the huge cold shoulder. Sometimes that gets really old, but try and remember with relationship there is work. We met up about 6 yrs ago. He had never been married or live with anyone before me, ei no kids either. We have been living in same house 1 1/2 yr now. Many huge obstacles. I am very independant and set in my ways as well.

deema 01-02-2011 07:22 AM

I just fit it in when I can. I try to get my household duties out of the way before the baby goes down for his nap. That way, when he's sleeping, I get a couple of hours in. I don't do much else until after the kids are in bed for the night...and sometimes I'll spend 15min, sometimes I'll spend several hours.