Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How do you store your hard-copy Patterns? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-do-you-store-your-hard-copy-patterns-t85294.html)

Jo Belmont 12-26-2010 12:20 PM

I seem to have everything else under reasonable control in my sewing room EXCEPT my hard-copy patterns. The result is I often spend as much time looking for a pattern as I do making it.

It's in a box here, a drawer there, or I'm looking for one with a great border, but I can't remember if I filed it in the "easy, fast" box, or the "great color combos," or . . . well, you get the idea.

Any suggestions?

newquilter10 12-26-2010 12:21 PM

I have made a notebook with plastic sleeves that I insert the patterns in and they are always at my easy reach.

plainjane 12-26-2010 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by newquilter10
I have made a notebook with plastic sleeves that I insert the patterns in and they are always at my easy reach.

Me too! But I have notebookS!

knlsmith 12-26-2010 12:22 PM

I use one of those pocket type photo albums that u can get longer sscrews to expand the binding. The pocket pages make it ez to get in n out.

np3 12-26-2010 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by plainjane

Me too! But I have notebookS!

I have many of the binders with the plastic sleeves. I sort them by style in the binders. Applique, focus fabric, kitchen ideas, baby, tabletops, you get the idea. I started out with an index in the front, but now have so many binders, that each binder has its own category.

sandyl 12-26-2010 12:42 PM

I have mine in a 3 ring binder in the sleeves, also. I also put a picture of the quilt that I've completed in the sleeve. I should put where the fabric was purchased and the cost too, but that would just be scarey. Quilts are not cheap.

Cyn 12-26-2010 12:44 PM

I have several of these. One with completed quilt pitures. One for ideas that I like and may do one day. One for patterns and one for hints etc.

np3 12-26-2010 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by sandyl
I have mine in a 3 ring binder in the sleeves, also. I also put a picture of the quilt that I've completed in the sleeve. I should put where the fabric was purchased and the cost too, but that would just be scarey. Quilts are not cheap.

I have a journal with pictures of the completed quilts since many that I make are not from an actual pattern. But I like the idea of putting pictures in the sleeves as well.

Fabaddict 12-26-2010 01:45 PM

I use plastic sleeves for mine in notebooks also, but went one step further and divided them up according to category - ie: applique, scrappy, log cabin, baby, purses and totes
and have several other categories too. it works wonderful, and I have no trouble finding what I want

lynmccoy 12-26-2010 03:17 PM

I keep mine in plastic sleeves and separate notebooks.I have a separate notebook for holiday quiltwork.