Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How Many Projects Do You Have Going? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-projects-do-you-have-going-t162519.html)

oldbalt99 10-24-2011 11:23 PM

I'm down to two. I finished a carpenter's star today from a weekend manic must do. I still have the quilting to do on the rack and one I'm piecing on the sewing machine.

quilting in my60s 10-26-2011 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by BMP
I use 2 gallon zip lock bags to bag up my fabric, pattern and thread for each project ...I have 7 bags in my tote waiting !!! a few are small wallhangings , but a few are queen size quilts. I think I have enough to last me awhile.

I don't know if it matters but I don't zip my 2 gal. bags all the way so the fabric can breathe. I don't know how long before I get around to making the project. I have a wicker laundry basket and when it gets full and bags start falling out of it I figure it is time to pull a couple out and make them up. I love buying new fabric and have a hard time saying no to myself!!

AnnR 10-27-2011 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by Val in IN
I have a LOT in different stages of construction/completion.
I have promised myself not to start another thing until I complete all of these. So far, so good. We'll see if it lasts. I also promised myself that I would NEVER, EVER, make another quilt under pressure. Takes all the fun and enjoyment out of it for me.

I can agree with you on that last part, Val. I hate working against a close deadline! I wind up getting really cranky, and there's no joy in working on the project...only finishing it and getting it gone out of my sight. If I have the luxury of time, I like to rotate about 3 quilting projects at a time. That way, I can keep quilting and not get tired of any one of them.

ladybalcom 10-27-2011 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by quilting in my60s

Originally Posted by BMP
I use 2 gallon zip lock bags to bag up my fabric, pattern and thread for each project ...I have 7 bags in my tote waiting !!! a few are small wallhangings , but a few are queen size quilts. I think I have enough to last me awhile.

I don't know if it matters but I don't zip my 2 gal. bags all the way so the fabric can breathe. I don't know how long before I get around to making the project. I have a wicker laundry basket and when it gets full and bags start falling out of it I figure it is time to pull a couple out and make them up. I love buying new fabric and have a hard time saying no to myself!!

on that note, I go to pizza shops and get their boxes to use for my kits. My dd once asked if they were used boxes. lol Just tell them your a customer, or buy a pizza to keep you going during quilty time.

toodie11 10-30-2011 02:50 PM

I don't know. They are every where

Elise1 10-30-2011 06:04 PM

I do one at a time and have never had a UFO.

I don't allow myself to start another one until the last one is finished.

IAmCatOwned 10-30-2011 08:54 PM

I try not to have more than 3-4 or I get overwhelmed. I also end up with too many UFOs. Currently:

1. Witch quilt (quilting)
2. Zig Zag quilt (piecing)
3. Lady of the lake Quilt (Piecing)
4. Apple core quilt (take a long hand project).