Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How much would you pay for a FQ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-much-would-you-pay-fq-t128549.html)

candi 06-06-2011 02:51 PM

I am collecting some Kaffe Fassett FQs for my GFG quilt..a local shop carries them but I have all the prints they have so far..so checking on eBay..I saw some with starting bid of 99 cents, I bid on the ones I like with my high being $2.00 which is what I would pay at my LQS..Well..I was outbid on all of them..Ok, No problem..we travel a lot and I can stop by different stores and shop..I am in no hurry..but looking at current bids got me wondering, how much would you be willing to pay for a FQ? Some are at $6.50 and bidding isn't over yet!

babyfireo4 06-06-2011 02:52 PM

wow! not that much. I usually get em on sale for 99 cents

nance-ell 06-06-2011 02:54 PM

I can't imagine paying that much for a FQ, but never say never, right? lol. E-bay has a way of bringing out a competitive nature in some. No doubt bidders often have buyer's remorse. I suppose if a fabric were discontinued and I only needed one FQ, I might take that much of a plunge, but otherwise, no way!

luvTooQuilt 06-06-2011 02:54 PM

I would pay more than that for original feedsaks. But for regular quilting fabric I'm a cheapo- $1. I'd rather buy the yard and get more for my money .

Airwick156 06-06-2011 02:56 PM

$2.00 would be my top price and thats pushing it. Only nuts would pay $6.50 for a peice of fabric 18 x22 inches...geez I want to have the money they must have to just blow.

buddy'smom 06-06-2011 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by candi
I am collecting some Kaffe Fassett FQs for my GFG quilt..a local shop carries them but I have all the prints they have so far..so checking on eBay..I saw some with starting bid of 99 cents, I bid on the ones I like with my high being $2.00 which is what I would pay at my LQS..Well..I was outbid on all of them..Ok, No problem..we travel a lot and I can stop by different stores and shop..I am in no hurry..but looking at current bids got me wondering, how much would you be willing to pay for a FQ? Some are at $6.50 and bidding isn't over yet!

I seen one of KF, F4's sell on ebay last week for 28.00, WOW!!

Lori S 06-06-2011 03:00 PM

There are some really serious Kaffe Fassett collectors out there!
Personally I have a hard time paying over $2.25 for any type of fat 1/4, but most shops around me are at $2.75 - $3.50 and getting it! I do know there is a premium for current Kaffe fat 1/4 at my LQS.

MellieKQuilter 06-06-2011 03:10 PM

I think people get carried away on ebay... just noticed someone paid 11.50 for a 5 inch twister tool, that is on sale at Craft Warehouse for 7.00. I think people think that they are always gonna get a great deal, and then get into that "I gotta have IT" mentality and end up paying WAY TOO MUCH. Especially when you factor in postage. Plain crazy!

irishrose 06-06-2011 03:27 PM

I think people forget that a FQ is a quarter of a yard. 4 times $6 is $24 - would they pay that for a yard? I have paid much more than that, but it wasn't quilting cotton. I have paid $2.75 for a FQ at the LQS if it's all I need and not available on a bolt. My LQS has most fabrics at $9.79 - $9.99, so it's not too much more.

QuiltnLady1 06-06-2011 03:41 PM

We pay between $2.75 and $3.50 here at LQS, but sometimes you can get it cheaper on sale. Joanne's has the best price when they are on sale. My LQS sells fabric between $9.50 and $10.95.

I have some Kaffe Facett that is yardage, but I would never pay more than $5 for a fat quarter -- and then only if I needed it for a quilt and I ran out of fabric.

I am on the hunt for a piece of Laurel Burch, but can't see paying what is being asked.