Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How often do you get quilting packages? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-often-do-you-get-quilting-packages-t194408.html)

quiltjoey 07-15-2012 04:25 PM

Received a package today from 4my3boyz Fabrics and another one to follow. It was the first time I ordered from her and all the fabrics are excellent quality.

burchquilts 07-16-2012 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Sewnoma (Post 5359917)
Some of those Bali Pops are living at my house already! They're just as lovely in person as I hoped they'd be. If I wasn't already a foot in the door of the quilter's poorhouse there'd be a lot more of them here!

I get boxes alllll the time. Fabric.com, red rock threads, joann's, Beverly's, connecting threads... lots of online fabric/quilting places have been helping me spend my paycheck lately! I just got my latest statements though and the quilter's poorhouse thing is looking a little bit less like a joke! I think I need to spend more time sewing and less time shopping! BUT all that shopping means I have everything I need for the next 4 quilts on my "to make before Christmas" list, so I have plenty to keep me busy!

Can I come to your house & just drool over those pops? They're still beckoning to me... just like the sirens on the rocks... LOL! I've never ordered from Beverly's before. Have you been pleased with their service?

My shirtings grab bags came from Whittles. I ordered 2 so I got 20 different Civil War FQ's! I love them, tho I wouldn't call all of them "shirtings" per se. To me, a shirting is a white/cream background with some little sqiggles or a thin stripe or something on it. Some of these are more what I would term "lights" but they're perfect for what I want them for & the quality & variety is fabulous so I see more in my future! I think I'll wait a little bit, tho --- let my Visa cool off a bit (LOL!) & wait for them to scroll thru the batch the have cugt now so I'll get different ones next time.

burchquilts 07-16-2012 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by lisalovesquilting (Post 5365903)
It's either feast or famine. Right now it's feast. I'm waiting on three packages. One is from Keepsake with two patterns. A sock monkey baby quilt, and soft book pattern because I'm going to be a grandma for the first time.:):):):p

Congrats on your new little soon-to-be bundle of joy!

Barbshobbies 07-16-2012 01:13 PM

Got two this week, hubby brought one in one day and another the next, he said, "Soon he`ll be here twice a day. My things come U P. usually I buy my flannel in summer, as it is cheaper and I sew 45X45" receiving blankets and give them to shellters in the winter. At one time I had 3 part time jobs....One girl was getting married and one was in college...Any way at 6:A.M. I was in a cheese factory, U.P. man had me sign for a package, at noon same guy came to a house I was cleaning, he had me sign too. and by 6:P.M. I was home, making dinner when he stopped again and I signed again.. He said he might be changing jobs soon as he kept seeing the same lady where ever he went.

lynnie 10-03-2012 05:38 PM

I havent see a pkg in years and years and years.

BellaBoo 10-03-2012 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 5560412)

Girl, you need to order something! :D

GrannieAnnie 10-03-2012 07:51 PM

I don't get much quilting stuff, but I have been letting the good folks at Amazon run thru the store for me more and more. I ordered 3 of the CFL in the blacklight type for my one and only outdoor "glow in the dark" ghosty! They came today! I was going to give each of my girls a bulb, but I may need all three to make the light bright enough for one ghost. We sit a hundred or so feet off the road so we have to try harder.

GrannieAnnie 10-03-2012 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 5560412)

OO! No comment!

stillclock 10-03-2012 08:33 PM

almost never.

aileen

Pickles 10-03-2012 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Debbie C (Post 5364170)
I usually don't buy online or order things - I prefer the thrill of the physical hunt! I always seem to find amazing bargains at consignment, thrift or second hand stores and I almost always find fabrics at yard/estate sales. It's amazing how many people buy and buy and never get to use all they've purchased. When they sell or (sadly) pass on, their things are open game for bargain hunters like myself!

This is what I do to a Tee. I don't even own a credit card and never buy unless I have the cash to hand over. It works for me! :)