Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How often do you get quilting packages? >

How often do you get quilting packages?

How often do you get quilting packages?

Old 07-12-2012, 10:00 AM
Power Poster

Default How often do you get quilting packages?

Seems I'm getting a package every other day! I love packages in the mail. If I'm not buying fabric, it's a ruler, a notion, a book, or something quilt related. And I win a lot of free stuff from blog give aways and on Facebook. I've been very lucky this last year. DH asked me if we had stock in Connecting Threads, Nancy Notions, and Missouri Star Quit Co. He can't complain too much, he gets as many packages as I do just not from the same shops. LOL
Old 07-12-2012, 10:03 AM

at least once a week. I love packages in the mail ;-)
Old 07-12-2012, 10:04 AM

I'm waiting for one right now - rulers and misc. notions.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:11 AM

One can't complain about having two sewing rooms in the house. And I don't need to fill them up to the point of hoarding...lol

I only buy when I need something. Last package I got was Monday from JoAnn's I ordered somethings from the 60% off notions sale.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:11 AM

The mail carrier asked my husband if I gave quilting lessons in the house, just based on the packages that were arriving back in the spring.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:12 AM

Just got one, a quilt kit from Hancock's of Paducah. Very excited to work on it.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:18 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I am so glad to hear that someone else gets lots of packages in the mail also. My mail carrier pulls into my driveway and honks her horn every couple of days because of packages. We've become pretty good friends. I love getting packages in the mail or UPS or FedEx. It's like Christmas! I order fabric and notions online so some weeks I get packages every day!!
Old 07-12-2012, 11:04 AM

I LOVE PACKAGES!! And I've been on quite a roll lately. In the past couple of weeks, I've gotten stuff from Nancy's Notions and Connecting Threads, for starters. I also purchased a QuiltCut2 from a private party, and just yesterday my gigantic box from Overstock.com arrived, holding my nifty new AccuQuilt Go Starter Set (I got a great deal with a July 4th sale).

I have all my packages delivered to me here at work because there have been some shenanigans at the condo complex where I live, and some folks have had things stolen off their decks. The mailroom guys here must be thinking I've gotten a promotion or a raise...LOL... nope, I'm just heading to the quilters' poorhouse!! But I will have some lovely company there... the rest of you!!
Old 07-12-2012, 11:36 AM

I live out in the country and mail order is the easiest way to shop. The nearest quilt shop is 20 mi away and JoAnn's is 25 mi away the other direction. My mail carrier just laughs because his wife does the same thing!
Old 07-12-2012, 12:10 PM

Lately it seems like a lot!!! Yes, I am one that is going to join DonnaC in the quilters' poorhouse. In my defense, I try to stick to sales, I have gotten better at evaluating impulse purchases as to their actual usefulness to me, and the majority of the time I don't pay shipping. I also buy some things from the Sew its For Sale Forum - where I have definitely saved over what I would pay new for select items. I have done a lot of online shopping for items that I never completed the purchase on (as in, I sat on it for a day or two and further evaluated my want/need/cost).

Currently waiting for a new pack of Olfa 45 mm rotary blades and a Curve Master Presser foot. Just received my Insulbrite and a binding ruler on Tuesday. I have already cut into the Insulbrite (got it for $2 and change a yard - that seemed like a steal!!) - and will be using the binding ruler on every quilt. Hoping I find the Curve Master Presser foot as useful as I think I will; if not, will re-sale at some point.