Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: How often do you get quilting packages?

Blog Entries

How often do you get quilting packages?

Seems I'm getting a package every other day! I love packages in the mail. If I'm not buying fabric, it's a ruler, a notion, a book, or something quilt related. And I win a lot of free stuff from blog give aways and on Facebook. I've been very lucky this last year. DH asked me if we had stock in Connecting Threads, Nancy Notions, and Missouri Star Quit Co. He can't complain too much, he gets as many packages as I do just not from the same shops. LOL
    Got fabric?

at least once a week. I love packages in the mail ;-)
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

Blog Entries
    I'm waiting for one right now - rulers and misc. notions.

One can't complain about having two sewing rooms in the house. And I don't need to fill them up to the point of hoarding...lol

I only buy when I need something. Last package I got was Monday from JoAnn's I ordered somethings from the 60% off notions sale.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

The mail carrier asked my husband if I gave quilting lessons in the house, just based on the packages that were arriving back in the spring.
    "He who masters the grey everyday is a hero."
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/PeachPalaceDesigns

Just got one, a quilt kit from Hancock's of Paducah. Very excited to work on it.
    Save the Earth!

It’s the only planet with Chocolate.

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    I am so glad to hear that someone else gets lots of packages in the mail also. My mail carrier pulls into my driveway and honks her horn every couple of days because of packages. We've become pretty good friends. I love getting packages in the mail or UPS or FedEx. It's like Christmas! I order fabric and notions online so some weeks I get packages every day!!
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

I LOVE PACKAGES!! And I've been on quite a roll lately. In the past couple of weeks, I've gotten stuff from Nancy's Notions and Connecting Threads, for starters. I also purchased a QuiltCut2 from a private party, and just yesterday my gigantic box from Overstock.com arrived, holding my nifty new AccuQuilt Go Starter Set (I got a great deal with a July 4th sale).

I have all my packages delivered to me here at work because there have been some shenanigans at the condo complex where I live, and some folks have had things stolen off their decks. The mailroom guys here must be thinking I've gotten a promotion or a raise...LOL... nope, I'm just heading to the quilters' poorhouse!! But I will have some lovely company there... the rest of you!!

I live out in the country and mail order is the easiest way to shop. The nearest quilt shop is 20 mi away and JoAnn's is 25 mi away the other direction. My mail carrier just laughs because his wife does the same thing!

Lately it seems like a lot!!! Yes, I am one that is going to join DonnaC in the quilters' poorhouse. In my defense, I try to stick to sales, I have gotten better at evaluating impulse purchases as to their actual usefulness to me, and the majority of the time I don't pay shipping. I also buy some things from the Sew its For Sale Forum - where I have definitely saved over what I would pay new for select items. I have done a lot of online shopping for items that I never completed the purchase on (as in, I sat on it for a day or two and further evaluated my want/need/cost).

Currently waiting for a new pack of Olfa 45 mm rotary blades and a Curve Master Presser foot. Just received my Insulbrite and a binding ruler on Tuesday. I have already cut into the Insulbrite (got it for $2 and change a yard - that seemed like a steal!!) - and will be using the binding ruler on every quilt. Hoping I find the Curve Master Presser foot as useful as I think I will; if not, will re-sale at some point.
    Dawn

Oh Yes, and I just love it. Gives me something to look forward to. Im waiting on 2 now. One from Keepsake Quilting and 1 from Shabby Fabrics. I love shopping at quilt shops on line!!

Whew! I was afraid I was the only one (well, I should say "we" because DH keeps the various delivery services pretty busy, too)... LOL! I get something at least once a week. But I, too, try (notice I said "try") to get stuff that's on sale (like the daily deal at MO Star). Right now there are 4 Bali Pop collections at Beverly's (on sale! A really good sale at that) that are haunting my dreams so looks like pretty soon I'll be having a package from her, too. Right now I'm waiting on shirtings from Whittles & a "double the charm" from MO Star (why is it called "double the charm" when it's really 4X the charm since the pieces are 5" X 22" & you can get 4 charms out of each strip???). I haven't ordered from Keepsake in a while so I need to so my catalogs keep coming (probably more shirtings) & the same with HoP (some Moda batiks, I think). Plus there's some goodies at CT, so no worries about the delivery services around here needing to look around for work... LOL!

The other day a package came, DH brought it in to me & said "Here's more fabric for you to drool over"... LOL!
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaC View Post
    I LOVE PACKAGES!! And I've been on quite a roll lately. In the past couple of weeks, I've gotten stuff from Nancy's Notions and Connecting Threads, for starters. I also purchased a QuiltCut2 from a private party, and just yesterday my gigantic box from Overstock.com arrived, holding my nifty new AccuQuilt Go Starter Set (I got a great deal with a July 4th sale).

I have all my packages delivered to me here at work because there have been some shenanigans at the condo complex where I live, and some folks have had things stolen off their decks. The mailroom guys here must be thinking I've gotten a promotion or a raise...LOL... nope, I'm just heading to the quilters' poorhouse!! But I will have some lovely company there... the rest of you!!
    Not only will we be there in debtor's prison with you, we'll bring fabric & chocolate & have a party! Woo hoo! Sewing circle in cell block 6!!!
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)

I just got my first package from Connecting Threads. It won't be my last! I also drooled over the Bali pops at Beverly's. Several of them are begging to come live at my house!

Quote Originally Posted by deenajade View Post
    I just got my first package from Connecting Threads. It won't be my last! I also drooled over the Bali pops at Beverly's. Several of them are begging to come live at my house!
    Aren't you impressed with CT? I love their stuff & think they have really good service, too! Are the Bali Pops too yummy for words?
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)

Sewing circle in cell block 6 - I love it! You guys are a hoot.

And Dawn, I bought my QuiltCut2 from somebody on Sew Its For Sale, and boy she gave me an awesome deal!

Blog Entries
    Thats called "brown truck envy"!!

I am doing 3 BOMs that come every month. I also order lots of quilting things on line so I get packages pretty often. Right now I am on vacation. I put in the zip code here in my quilt store finder and will be checking out quilt shops tomorrow. The items I purchase, I'll take home with me. I have been good about using the quilting supplies I purchase. It is fun getting quilting supplies in the mail!

Blog Entries
    I got another package today! The dry iron I ordered. I had forgotten I ordered it and it was a real surprise. This will be one of the donated door prizes for my guild's quilt retreat. I love my dry iron and under $25 it was the best value for an unexpected prize for a quilter. I'm excited to see which member wins it!
    Got fabric?

Quote Originally Posted by deenajade View Post
    Some of those Bali Pops are living at my house already! They're just as lovely in person as I hoped they'd be. If I wasn't already a foot in the door of the quilter's poorhouse there'd be a lot more of them here!

I get boxes alllll the time. Fabric.com, red rock threads, joann's, Beverly's, connecting threads... lots of online fabric/quilting places have been helping me spend my paycheck lately! I just got my latest statements though and the quilter's poorhouse thing is looking a little bit less like a joke! I think I need to spend more time sewing and less time shopping! BUT all that shopping means I have everything I need for the next 4 quilts on my "to make before Christmas" list, so I have plenty to keep me busy!

I LOVE getting packages but the thought of debt (or wasting money on inferior items) makes me nauseous so I only buy good stuff on sale. I am getting three packages this week though... bought birthdays gifts (and a quilt book) from 3 different sites. Had to throw in the quilt book to bring the total to get me the free shipping. LOL. Getting new stuff is so much fun. I have a good collection of books and patterns and I feel like I should cut myself off from book/pattern buying.

Me too! Me too! I love getting packages in the mail. I'm also one to sit & ponder before I purchase, just in case my "sensible" side (I'm a Gemini, ya know...sign of the twins!) tells me I don't "need" it. But I have to tell you, I don't have nearby access to Quilt shops. The fabric store I frequent doesn't have enough selection of decent quilting fabrics or perhaps I've seen them too often! Or yet again, I'm spoiled by all the gorgeous selections available on line! Yes, that's it! Being in Canada, I need to consider shipping costs, but I've found a couple of sites that have more than reasonable shipping rates. I'm currently waiting on a package from Stitch Sanctuary....should be here any day now!
    Maureen

I received a package yesterday from equilter (a great company to order from, I've ordered several times) and was very pleased with my selection. Often I find fabric there I can't find elsewhere.
    Texas Sunshine, piney woods of NE Texas

I love getting packages, but I only get them around big sales or when I need something. DH is the one who gets them almost daily! I buy a little something for me generally about once a month. I'm waiting for fabric now from Cottonpatch for DH's "Moon Glow" quilt. Can't wait to see the colors!
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply,Speak Kindly, Leave the rest to GOD

I get a package occasionally but we receive a lot of packages with tractor parts in them. They are being used to restore old tractors. Needless to say I can usually buy what I want or need for my quilts without any negitive feedback.
    Lorraine

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast