Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Why you should be able to open packages at the store! >

Why you should be able to open packages at the store!

Why you should be able to open packages at the store!

Old 12-18-2011, 07:12 PM

Lightbulb Why you should be able to open packages at the store!

I am making 4 Grids and Grommets purses--one for myself and each of my sisters. My one sister decides that she wants these square grommets. Okay I admit they are cool and make her purse really pop since her fabric is more geometric so I fork over the 18 bucks at the LQS which is a half hour away. It is a sealed package.

I get to her purse today. I keep having problems getting these grommets together and square. This is not my first time at the rodeo with this purse I have already made three!

Grab one from the pokey pile and one from the round pile, square, re-square and snap...NOT today, try a couple times, throw those back in the pile and grab a couple new ones, repeating squaring stuff, Snap. Get 7 of the 8 on, squared. Reach down and I have two pokey's and no round's. No wonder I kept having problems...two pokeys do not a grommet make!

I pull them all off. Sure enough I have 9 pokey's and 7 round's. I cannot finish this purse. Luckily this is not for Christmas just a sister thing.

Last edited by patricej; 12-19-2011 at 01:20 AM. Reason: We all sympathize, I'm sure. But this is not the place to lodge a complaint against the store or the manufacturer.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:46 AM
Administrator

If people were free to open packages before they'd been paid for, we'd soon find nothing waiting for us on the racks and shelves but a mess of open and incomplete or empty packages.

call the store before you make the trip to find out whether or not they can exchange the package now that most of the contents have been used.

also, call the manufacturer's customer service department. chances are they will do the right thing.