Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quality Fabric

Quality Fabric

Sometimes I just cannot afford quilt shop fabric so in my endeavors to find quality fabric at a lower price I tryed Connecting Threads. They do not have a large collection but the fabric is wonderful. Even the lady who does my quilting commented on the weight and beauty of their fabric. Their prices are around $6.00 a yard and is well worth looking into. Google Connecting Threads and give it a look-see. Happy quilting!!

Thanks for the info!
    Heather

it is temptation in the form of a website

aileen

Red face

I have been buying from them for years.

I have looked at their things before...Thanks for the reccomendation...makes me feel more secure about ordering from them...I also like Beverlys, and have bought here daily deal several times

Blog Entries
    i've been buying from connecting threads for couple years now too-most of my thread comes from them-i also purchase from fabric.com ALOT- i'[ve been shopping with them for more than 10 years- they offer free shipping at the $35 level & i can always spend that much. they have great sales too.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

You can get name brand fabrics even cheaper than that at www.thousandsofbolts.com and www.5bucksayard.com. Just search "discount quilt fabric" and you'll find lots more.

I've always been happy with the fabric I order from CT. They have good sales on books too. RIght now I think they are 40% off.
    I don't want to brag but I can still fit into the earrings I wore in high school.

Blog Entries
    I've always been pleased with Connecting Threads fabric. Everything I've bought is actually prettier in person than it was on the website. And it's hard to beat their clearance fabric prices. Good place to get quilt backs.

Blog Entries
    I've bought from them for years and have never been disappointed in service or merchandise.

I have bought several things from them including kits, fabric, thread. All has been exceptional. And they have good deals on shipping which is REALLY important to me - I hate shipping charges.

Super Member Central Ohio Quilter's Avatar
    I love CT fabric! I think it has a very nice feel to it. Good quality!

I love Connecting Threads and the fact that they have their fabric color coordinated. Their customer service is excellent. Missouri Star Quilt Company is amazing as well.

My favorite on-line quilt fabric shop!

To my surprise, I just received their catalogue in the mail. I don't know how I got on their mailing list, but I am definitely not unhappy about it!!

I really like the www.thousandsofbolts.com I use it a lot ! Good service and fabric !
    llweezie

I guess I am odd woman out. Compared to LQS, I find their quality lacking. Just my HO. Their fabric is thinner than most and has a shiny feel to it. At least we all have places to pick from.
    Linda

Connecting Threads has very good quality fabrics. I use their thread too. If buying in a store, I go by the feel. I rarely give more than $6.00 a yard. I have given away most of my quilts and just can't spend alot of money for fabric. I doubt most would know the difference or care.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I love Connecting Threads. Even though the selection isn't huge it is coordinated. I have been on both Thousandbolt site and $5/yard one but they take a lot of time a look through and the selection seems to be odds and ends. I am really fabric series and if I find something I can't live without, I will buy with Fat Quarter Shop. Part of my buying experience online has to do with how easily I can navigate the site. If I'm really for some bargains on individual fabrics, I watch my JoAnn's ads. I also watch CT clearance section, you can get some great deals.

Quote Originally Posted by momabridges View Post
    Sometimes I just cannot afford quilt shop fabric so in my endeavors to find quality fabric at a lower price I tryed Connecting Threads. They do not have a large collection but the fabric is wonderful. Even the lady who does my quilting commented on the weight and beauty of their fabric. Their prices are around $6.00 a yard and is well worth looking into. Google Connecting Threads and give it a look-see. Happy quilting!!

Right now at eveningstardesigns.com she is sellin out of her quilting fabric. The fabric is $4.00 and $3.00 per yard. She is also discounting that price for a limited time by 10%. This is Northcott and Benatrex, Hoffman and other fine quilting fabrics. I have bought many many yards and have been please with all of it.

Good luck

Banned
    I think Connecting Threads fabric is good quality, but the designs have never appealed to me.
    I buy most of my fabric on-line, and usually on sale.
    My current favorites:
    http://www.yoderdepartmentstore.com
    http://www.deltapatchwork.com
    http://www.thousandsofbolts.com
    http://www.whittlesfabrics.com
    http://www.hawthornethreads.com - very good sale selection
    http://www.maryjos.com - incredible shop, I envy anyone who can get there in person
    http://www.favoritefabric.com - she's a Board member: good selection, service and prices *
    http://www.hancocks-paducah.com - expensive, but have wonderful selection in their sale sections
    http://www.fabric.com - the best prices for Kaufman Kona solids + spend $35 or more and shipping is free
    http:www.4my3boyz.com - the best selection of novelty fabrics I've found; always has many FQs for $1

* if you order, remember to sign up for their frequent buyer program

Connecting Threads Purchases

I buy thread from Connecting Threads. I use Essential Pro cones at my LA. It is thin, 70 wt. poly with the look of cotton. I also piece with it on my DSM. It's a nice and inexpensive thread to use when starting out LAing. It works great for charity quilts and any quilt where the purpose is to quilt the layers. The thread is thin, it does not stand out as a 40 wt thread does. It is strong and I rarely have bobbin/top thread tension issues when using it. The down side is that doesn't come in as many colors as their Essentials small cones/spools. The small cones and spools are cotton 50 wt., as most cotton threads, creates lots of LA lint in the bobbin area.

Fabric.com is terrific and I've just spent a wonderful time over at Hancocks-paducah in their sale section...$2.49-$2.99 half yard. And for once, I settled for half yard pieces, mostly batiks to build my stash. I think I'm over buying 1-3 yard pieces as I've got so much I need to use first. There does come a time when one must settle down and sew something!

Las Vegas, NV - transplanted from Southeastern PA
    Quote Originally Posted by Scissor Queen View Post
    You can get name brand fabrics even cheaper than that at www.thousandsofbolts.com and www.5bucksayard.com. Just search "discount quilt fabric" and you'll find lots more.
    Thanks for the great links. I hate driving around to different stores and not being able to find what I want and these 2 look great.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, WINE IN THE OTHER, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by Scissor Queen View Post
    Thank you for that link to 5bucksayard. I'd never heard of them before but I found some backing fabric - 108" wide - for 9.99 a yard. They only had 2 to pick from and they were both pretty. So, thanks again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast