Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How would you do this? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-would-you-do-t218215.html)

bigredharley 04-04-2013 08:06 AM

How would you do this?

1 Attachment(s)
Got my quilt back from the LA and she "missed" 2 legs of one pinwheel. (She felt AWFUL) Too expensive to send back and forth again, and she has agreed to send me a bobin of the matching thread. BUT, I'm not a FMQuilter, and need to somehow copy what she did with the other blocks and make it match. I've been reading about the saran wrap, which doesn't seem to work - looking for other suggestions.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]406162[/ATTACH]

newbee3 04-04-2013 08:12 AM

use tracing paper trace the design on paper or use a stencil then either trace it on the quilt or sew thru the tracing paper

JulieR 04-04-2013 08:12 AM

Is there someone closer that she can recommend to do the fix?

Buckeye Rose 04-04-2013 08:13 AM

Maybe you could check locally to see if there is a LA who would be willing to load it and do just those two areas. Or check a local guild for a LA. And I would definitely have the original LA (the one who made the ooops) pay for the fix.

Dolphyngyrl 04-04-2013 08:17 AM

can you do it by hand, it is such a small area would probably not be noticed

hevemi 04-04-2013 08:18 AM

This may sound harsh but no way I would pay someone and end up finishing the work myself. In my opinion a spool of thread does not compensate for her mistake: she should finish the work at HER expense incl. postage fees ,or give you a considerable discount (as to assume you'll have to have s-o else do her work for her; it's none of her business whether you do or not). You're paying for finished quilting, not partly done.

Mousie 04-04-2013 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by hevemi (Post 5977445)
This may sound harsh but no way I would pay someone and end up finishing the work myself. In my opinion a spool of thread does not compensate for her mistake: she should finish the work at HER expense incl. postage fees ,or give you a considerable discount (as to assume you'll have to have s-o else do her work for her; it's none of her business whether you do or not). You're paying for finished quilting, not partly done.

I am basically a non-confrontational person until it comes to the big stuff.
I totally agree with hevemi, this is the only professional/business-like way this LA-er should handle it.
Her mistake - her responsibility.
Of course she didn't mean to do it, but this is business and not friendship etc.
I know if I were a business person, that is what I would do.

Tartan 04-04-2013 08:30 AM

Just trace the feathers onto tissue or golden thread paper and pin to the pinwheels on the quilt. You can sew right through the tissue paper and carefully rip it off after stitching. You might want to put a few straight pins along the blue so the fabric doesn't move as you stitch as there seems to be a little extra fabric in the unquilted half?

BellaBoo 04-04-2013 08:38 AM

I agree the LA should pay the shipping expense. It was her mistake. The first thing I would have said was how do you want to pay for the shipping to and from?

grammy Dwynn 04-04-2013 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by hevemi (Post 5977445)

Totally agree!!!