Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I am becoming a serious quilt hoarder (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-am-becoming-serious-quilt-hoarder-t105198.html)

sueisallaboutquilts 03-05-2011 03:27 PM

I read this to my hubby and he just shook his head smiling.
No shock to him lol :D:D

Lori S 03-05-2011 03:35 PM

I do not even want to count the doubles or triples of stuff. I see nothing wrong with 8 pairs of sissors! There is still a chance they won't be where you want them !

Country1 03-05-2011 05:00 PM

It's OK I am willing to help you ALL. Just send me all your overstock and free up space for you to get more, really I don't mind helping you all out! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:

quiltlonger 03-05-2011 07:00 PM

BUT I only have ONE husband!!! that counts ,right??

HummerGardenCrafts 03-05-2011 07:03 PM

Prices keep raising on us quilters on everything. I figure we all will be glad we have extra items soon. I know if I catch a good buy or clearance, I stock up.

carolaug 03-05-2011 07:34 PM

I went to the fabric store out of boredom today and bought more fabric..my husband says...do you think you are ever going to use all of the fabric you have now...of course...I am just building my flower stash...LOL...

MadQuilter 03-05-2011 07:42 PM

Well, you can either make some money by selling what you don't need OR you have a few things to share with your quilting friends OR you can donate the items to community service groups that do quilting OR you can put the items in easy reach and cut/sew till they are dull and used up. Don't ya love options? lol

hevemi 03-05-2011 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by carolaug
I went to the fabric store out of boredom today and bought more fabric..my husband says...do you think you are ever going to use all of the fabric you have now...of course...I am just building my flower stash...LOL...

Sounds like me, I have more excuses, though. The day before yesterday I decided I needed an outing in town ( I live about 10 miles outside) and I needed to get a spool of thread anyway. The thread cost me nearly 50 euros (70 $). Including fabric which I did not necessarily need. But it was soooo pretty. But how can I bring myself to cut up these beauties is my constant problem so I simply buy more when "needed".

samsews 03-05-2011 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by bev195000
I have been going through my storage boxes and realised i have purchase far too many items that are the same including
8 packs of quilters sewing needles,<20 needles in each pack>
234 threads some the same colour
8 pairs of scissors, some the same sizes
4 templates are the same size and shapes
I could go on but i guess i purchased when its cheap and never look at what i actually have until i decided to sort out my storage boxes i do think i am becoming a quilting hoarder lol whoooops

I don't think you're a hoarder,but maybe you could organize your quilting supplies a little better? Scissors and templates a bit much,but as far as the sewing needles and threads that's not too many.They do not have a experiation date. I have at least half a plastic shoebox of rotary blades.I buy them whenever I catch them on sale.

bluadept 03-06-2011 05:34 AM

I have at least 8 pairs of scissors none of which I purchased for quilting. They are all from my regular sewing and scrapping hobby. I try to keep all of them separate for sewing vs cropping. But at times I find my sewing scissors have gone walk about. So having the other scissors just to cut threads helps.