Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I am most inspired... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-am-most-inspired-t931.html)

vicki reno 04-17-2007 10:17 AM

I am most inspired after being at work all day with my fingers just itching to get home and sew, but like others, it just ain't gonna happen like that. Supper and laundry and work and ugh, housework, and yard work, and on and on. sometimes, I jsut say phooey on it and sew all weekend. Then come Monday, everything I should have done is staring at me after work. I need to win the lottery, retire, move to the mtns, and hire a maid. Now that would definitely inspire me :lol:

Catherine 04-17-2007 11:01 AM

What a good question, everyone has something to say about this one.
I am most inspired during the day. While I'm sitting at the computer working and answering the phone, keeping the business running.....I start to day dream..... about my next project. Quilting magazines always help jump start the desire to sew a new quilt. Todays world keeps our minds so full of other things that it is hard to find a space in our cerebral corner to retain info on a new idea! well, only if your 50, I suppose. You younger ones, still have plenty of storage!!!

Carla P 04-17-2007 03:04 PM

Vicki, do not dismay; about once a month I try to do the exact same thing!! (It takes me a month to get cought back up so I can "skip chores" again!!) :lol: :lol:

Catherine, I can't speak for anyone else under 50, or anyone over 50 for that matter :wink: , but speaking for myself, I can assure you I am at the point of "if something new goes in, something old is going to fall out!!" (usually what is left of my brain matter). :lol: :lol:

Catherine 04-17-2007 03:54 PM

Quilters keep their right frontal part of their brain intact, most of the time,, this is where everyones creativity is. (at least that is what my son's brain surgeon said,) I make sure that when I dump info, it is somewhere else in my brain..like listening to my husband telling me something about blah blah blah......what was that???? ha

Carla P 04-18-2007 08:29 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: You too????

sarah333 06-19-2007 06:10 PM

you ladies inspire me when i see what ya'll do .i think to my self wow i can do that to. and of course i don't .but it makes me move on what i'm working on that moment. thanks tia sarah

Jill 06-19-2007 07:47 PM

I am most inspired early in the morning. My husband leaves for work at 6:30 and sometimes I practically run upstairs to my sewing room to get started. I don't turn on music or TV, I stitch in complete silence. During the winter it was so wonderful to see the sun come up while working at something I love. Sometimes when I see all the cars driving by of people going to work I feel guilty that I earned such a wonderful retirement. Don't worry, I don't feel guilty very long.

sarah333 06-19-2007 07:57 PM

3 Attachment(s)
here is my crazy quilt. it took me over 3 yrs. to finish.hus. got this one to

finally got this one done
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1150[/ATTACH]

i ended up giving this quilt to hus. for fathers day
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1151[/ATTACH]

hubby just loves it
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1152[/ATTACH]

k_jupiter 06-19-2007 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Carla P
Vicki, do not dismay; about once a month I try to do the exact same thing!! (It takes me a month to get cought back up so I can "skip chores" again!!) :lol: :lol:

Skip Chores? The heck with chores.

You are young. You will learn. Life is too short not to indulge in your passion.

Trust me.

tim in san jose

ceannastahr 06-20-2007 03:36 AM

Sarah, that quilt is definately crazy and I love it great job very colorful