Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I Am Out Of Control!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-am-out-control-t177851.html)

KimS 02-02-2012 06:38 AM

I Am Out Of Control!!!!

Since joining this forum I have fallen head over heals in love with the 30's fabrics. Until now I've bought reproduction fabric by the yard. Then I get this wonderful, great idea to gather up some vintage feed sacks and make a tied quilt with those. Keep in mind I was just going to "look" on Ebay at the feed sacks and buy a couple here and there. I've gone completely mad!!!! I can't stay away from Ebay and the feed sacks. I'm embarrassed to say how many I've bought in the past week so will keep that dirty little secret to myself. I've also joined a couple of the yahoo sites that buy, sell and trade sewing items and have bought several from people there. This is truly an addiction!!! Someone please turn off my internet service before I'm living under a bridge with my feed sacks. LOL!!!

Daylesewblessed 02-02-2012 06:48 AM

You will have all of the resources needed to make a wonderful quilt!

I just started a quasi crazy quilt using vintage embroidery pieces cut from pillowcases and surrounded with vintage fabrics. It is starting to look great and is so much fun to make!

Dayle

mltquilt 02-02-2012 06:50 AM

Haven't gotten into the feed sack mode, but I have a plastic tub full of 30's fabrics for vintage looking quilts.

mltquilt

erstan947 02-02-2012 06:52 AM

A whole new mean to the term "bag Lady"! You go girl. Give us a photo glimpse of your feed sack stash!

clsurz 02-02-2012 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by KimS (Post 4934789)
Since joining this forum I have fallen head over heals in love with the 30's fabrics. Until now I've bought reproduction fabric by the yard. Then I get this wonderful, great idea to gather up some vintage feed sacks and make a tied quilt with those. Keep in mind I was just going to "look" on Ebay at the feed sacks and buy a couple here and there. I've gone completely mad!!!! I can't stay away from Ebay and the feed sacks. I'm embarrassed to say how many I've bought in the past week so will keep that dirty little secret to myself. I've also joined a couple of the yahoo sites that buy, sell and trade sewing items and have bought several from people there. This is truly an addiction!!! Someone please turn off my internet service before I'm living under a bridge with my feed sacks. LOL!!!

What's your eBay username? I'll put you out of misery by outbiding you on all lots. That will stop your addiction! JUST KIDDING! :D

Lori S 02-02-2012 06:53 AM

So do you have enough to make a quilt? If so get started on sewing/piecing/quilting, and limit your computer time. Another method is give yourself a "allowance" for the week/month when its gone its gone.
FYI those feed sack fabrics aren't going to be enough when you are "living under a bridge", or in a van down by the river.

Raggiemom 02-02-2012 06:53 AM

I can't stop buying fabric and patterns so I feel your pain!

luvstoquilt 02-02-2012 07:32 AM

I did the same thing..love someone on ebay named Willow...I now have enough so I try to stay away from there. Fabric is a real addiction don't let anyone fool you!

AnitaSt 02-02-2012 09:00 AM

I know how it feels! I love 30's fabrics too. I have some fragments from quilts made by my g-grandmother and want to find some vintage fabrics to set them in and make a wall hanging. I know eBay is the place to go but I know that once I get started, it's dangerous!! I did that with some quilt blocks last year and finally just had to walk away from eBay for awhile!!

AnitaSt

KimS 02-02-2012 11:46 AM

4 Attachment(s)
So here's what I have so far. My favorite is the bag with the pink carnations on it. My Grandma loved them and I'd send her some when I knew she needed some cheering up for whatever reason. Love the comment about being the "bag lady". Hmmmmm...maybe I should change my ID on here to that. LOL!!! I contacted the person on Ebay I bought several from because a few that were in the box I knew I hadn't purchased since they just weren't something that would have caught my attention. She said to keep them since it was her fault and she had others she could send to the right person. Thought that was really nice of her.