Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I am so upset (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-am-so-upset-t88677.html)

salisaquilter 01-08-2011 10:09 AM

I fell day after Christmas and ruined my right shoulder. Actually dislocated it and after seeing the ortho Dr. yesterday he says I have torn the rota tor cuff.. He is setting surgery date.
I WILL BE UNABLE TO SEW FOR MONTHS. MONTHS????????
What am I to do????????????????????????? I just want to cry.
I even have to lay magazine on the table to look at. I am really whining. POOOOOOOOOOOr me...
At least I can watch and enjoy your works :-( :cry: :cry:

CoventryUK 01-08-2011 10:19 AM

ooooh that sounds really painful!! So sorry to hear of your fall. Sending you good wishes for your surgery and a full recovery!

jbud2 01-08-2011 10:20 AM

I'd start using the hand on the opposite side now while I have some control yet.

Dina 01-08-2011 10:23 AM

Bless your heart! Can you possible do some small hand sewing? That might help. Maybe you will just have to get your sewing fix here with us. Or you could PLAN projects from your stash. That could help...

I am so sorry this happened to you. My mother had this particular surgery quite successfully, so I know you will do fine with it. The sooner the surgery, the sooner you can really sew though!!

Hang in there. I feel for you.

running1 01-08-2011 10:23 AM

I am very sorry to hear about your injury!! I've not sustained this injury, but I know as a physical therapist assistant that you have been in pain... We will be thinking of you and praying for a quick recovery after surgery. Please do what your doctor orders and what your therapist requests!! You can make an amazing recovery and be back to sewing and all the activities you enjoy even stronger. I'll be praying also for patience and perseverance!

laceybritt 01-08-2011 10:24 AM

I'm sorry that happened to you. Watch plenty of quilting shows.
Wishing you a speedly recovery.

Raggiemom 01-08-2011 10:33 AM

I'm so sorry. Maybe re-organzie your sewing area and plan a bunch of projects?

Jim's Gem 01-08-2011 10:38 AM

When I had my shoulder(s) done (3 times) I spent a lot of time looking at patterns and magazines and planning out some of the quilts that I wanted to make.
Last Christmas, with my arm in a sling I was able to do some sewing. I did all my cutting before surgery, even used a bali pop that I had won, and with my (right) arm in the sling I could still feed fabrics into my sewing machine. I have a great sewing desk and it was the perfect height that my hand was at to be able to feed into the machine.
Take care though, you do not want to overdo it!!!!!

featherweight 01-08-2011 10:44 AM

I know exactly what you are going through. I had ot have hand surgery in May. I put it off for a couple of years as she said it would take over a year to heal. I couldn't do a darn thing for about 4 months. Then everytime I would try to quilt it would hurt so bad I would have to quit. Just be patient it will get better. I am finally able to quilt for a couple hrs at a time. Think fo all the time you can spend here. I didn't even know about the Quilting Board when I was disabled. Good luck and heal fast...

merry 01-08-2011 10:45 AM

Sorry to hear about your injury. Will be praying for a speedy full recovery.