Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I bought a new machine today! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-bought-new-machine-today-t9663.html)

sandpat 07-30-2008 03:56 PM

I can't seem to wipe the huge smile off my face :D . Ok, here's the scoop, its a Bernina 200E, so it embroiders and sews. It has so many features that it might even cook and clean (although I haven't seen the attachments for that yet). It has all the cool features like auto threader, auto thread cutter..a nice large table surface to sew on, front loading bobbin and a thing I love--a knee pressure thingie that lifts the pressure foot. It also has the stitch regulator on it which I think I will like, but I have to get used to that. It has 3 hoop sizes...I don't know anything about embroidery....yet :D They say I can design, edit and save designs right on the machine. It has a USB stick with more designs and also a CD/ROM that I can either download designs from the web onto that and then plug it directly into the machine...so no funky fiddlin' around with design files. To tell ya' the truth, I don't even know what all it will do right now...I can't wait to take it slowly and work through all the things to do. I really can't wait to use that silly 1/4" foot! I'm about as excited about that as anything!!

3incollege 07-30-2008 04:33 PM

Sandpat that is great!!!!!!!!!!! I remember when I got my new machine,I just could not believe it. Sew enjoy and dive right in. So excited for you.

Chele 07-30-2008 04:45 PM

WOO HOO! I'm so excited for you! No stopping you now! Congrats! Have fun, which I'm sure you're already having! :D

purplemem 07-30-2008 04:50 PM

Patti!
I am so happy for you! I can't wait to see the gorgeous things you will do with it!

Was this from the fav store in Jackson?
After the weather cools, I want to meet you in Jackson for lunch and quilt shop...
This hot weather kicks my butt! 102 degrees here today, and hubby is cutting the grass!!!

I do good to move from sofa to recliner, but I am cooking fresh butterbeans I just shelled.

MJ

Jim's Gem 07-30-2008 04:51 PM

Congratulations, that's so exciting. You will have fun learning and exploring on that machine. I havn't had much time to play a whole lot with my embroidery unit. I have the B 630e

thequiltlady08 07-30-2008 05:49 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!! This is so wonderful for you!!

CissyQuilts 07-30-2008 05:51 PM

Sweet!! Have fun with your new toy!

Susan in Texas 07-30-2008 06:08 PM

Your new machine sounds like a dream come true. I'm happy for you! :D

Joan 07-30-2008 06:40 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!----and it's a Bernina? I'm drooling, can't you see? :mrgreen: I got the whole sales pitch on them one day in a Quilt Store. I think the best part is that they offer classes so you will actually know how to use all those cool little gadgets! :lol:

penski 07-30-2008 06:52 PM

wow congrats are in order for you thats great i am jealous i think it would be fun to have a machine that does a lot of extra things

well good luck and Happy Sewing
cant wait to see what you make on it first !!!!