Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I can't believe I did something so crazy. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-cant-believe-i-did-something-so-crazy-t187259.html)

nhweaver 04-26-2012 02:20 PM

I can't believe I did something so crazy.

I have a Janome MC10000 for 10 years, and I never attempted to learn embroidery. I decided that I am going to practice and make my own quilt labels. The mega and giga hoop boxes were on top shelf of my stash closet and every time I needed my sewing box, (they were on top), they would fall on my head. Been that way for a year or two. Finally Earlier this spring, In keeping with organizing my stash closet, I had decided that the hoops were not going to be used for years, so I put them away somewhere (walk in attic - next project). At the same time, I was making up a big pile of stuff for Teen Challenge thrift store, and I guess you can figure out what happened. They are no where to be found. I have torn apart every drawer - bin , closet, even looked under the sinks and finally figured out today that I donated them!!!!! I am going there first thing tomorrow and ask if they remember them. Maybe they are still in the back, or maybe they haven't been sold. I just priced them on ebay and choked!!! As my 10 year old grandson would say, it is a bad charma experience!!!!

harvsstuff 04-26-2012 02:29 PM

That sounds like something I did yesterday. Had trash in the back of the car. I also had a
return to make at walmarts. Yup I threw the return bag in the back of the car and it was
the first thing I threw away at the dump. Saved me a trip to walmarts but out $25. It must
be something in the air.

QuiltnNan 04-26-2012 02:44 PM

that's why i hesitate to move something that's been in the same place for years, even if that is the wrong place. hope you find them soon!

alisonquilts 04-26-2012 03:12 PM

Ooooo...that sucks. I am so sorry. Whenever I finally decide that I am never going to use that (skein of thread, piece of wood, plant pot, length of pipe) and throw it out, I find that I need it within two weeks. Never fails.

Alison

Tartan 04-26-2012 03:17 PM

Geez Louise that is painful! I hope you are lucky and they are still there even if you have to buy them back.

mucky 04-26-2012 03:36 PM

I think my hidden object is worse yet. The only thing I do know is that I didn't throw it away or remove it from the 2 nd floor of my house. The object is the hard plastic cover to my sewing machine!

Lori S 04-26-2012 03:38 PM

Oh .. I feel your pain..having donated a bag of my very best clothing to goodwill , as the bag of good will was in the same kind of bag as my dry cleaning! I do hope you can recover your hoops.

sewingsuz 04-26-2012 03:38 PM

OMG, I am sooo sorry for you. I hope you get them back!

Wanabee Quiltin 04-26-2012 03:49 PM

I had a bag of really nice clothing for my friend and another big bag of clothes for Goodwill. DH gave it all to Goodwill. Never told my friend about it ! Here's hoping the thrift store has them still.

Tweety2911 04-26-2012 05:45 PM

I hope you can recover your hoops. I lost a small one (of course put it in a safe place last year). Haven't found it and refuse to pay another $50 to get a new one and that was for a 2" hoop. Good Luck!!!