Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I can't get as much sewing done being on here. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-cant-get-much-sewing-done-being-here-t149536.html)

annesthreads 09-04-2011 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by ging10ging
I agree you have to be strict with yourself and get away from the computer and I must admit I am doing the same thing. I'll have to start picking and choosing but the pics are so interesting and the chats are so helpful and enjoyable. I've been trying to do some at night while watching tv with hubby.Not to mention my son got me hooked on Majong. There are so many things to do & see I don't have enough time to sleep, housework, shopping.Not enough hrs in a day. Sue

Well at least the housework can be ditched immediately :-) :-)

Quilted Dogs 09-05-2011 12:50 AM

We are all the same way for sure, I have been on here for hours tonight after finishing my purse....it is 3:50am here in WI, ok off to bed now that I know this.....lol

29cathie 09-05-2011 08:53 AM

I agree you have to be strict with yourself and get away from the computer and I must admit I am doing the same thing. I'll have to start picking and choosing but the pics are so interesting and the chats are so helpful and enjoyable. I've been trying to do some at night while watching tv with hubby.Not to mention my son got me hooked on Majong. There are so many things to do & see I don't have enough time to sleep, housework, shopping.Not enough hrs in a day. Sue

For a while I was also hooked on Majong. I am now on Rummikub. The computer usually wins but it keeps my brain working. I love the Quilting Board and open almost everything for I am afraid that I shall miss something that is so important that I must read it now but sometimes I soon forget what I shall read. Anyone else have that problem?

Bueniebabe 09-05-2011 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by 29cathie

For a while I was also hooked on Majong. I am now on Rummikub. The computer usually wins but it keeps my brain working. I love the Quilting Board and open almost everything for I am afraid that I shall miss something that is so important that I must read it now but sometimes I soon forget what I shall read. Anyone else have that problem?

I use to be on pogo a lot. But I spend most of my time on here when on the computer and face book.

ging10ging 09-05-2011 06:18 PM

Sounds good to me. It gets tiresome after a while anyway. I much prefer my quilting want to spend a lot more time doing it. Thanks for you comment. Sue

sewlisa 09-05-2011 06:21 PM

I have to share my computer with 2 DDs that need to use it for homeschooling and other things. Helps me to curb the amount of time I spend here. :D

ging10ging 09-05-2011 06:21 PM

Yes. I love to read the board but with my hand being in the cast it's hard to type answers. It's just it's so interesting and so much info and I love the pics. I also am afraid someday I won't know my own name let alone quilt. Sue

scrappy2 09-06-2011 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by Mornigstar
Remember people that friends take time anyway. If we were to entertain our quilting friends in our homes everyday it would take time from our days. Plus we would have to dress, tidy up the house, serve a snack/drink of some kind then do those dishes afterwards. Now I sit in my favorite chair, drinking coffee from favorite mug and wearing nightgown. Hair is combed. I am learning things as I read at the time of day that is convienient to me and not when someone else decides to come for a visit. Can't read when other people are here as I have to listen to them.
Is it any wonder we all love this board because it never leaves us bored.

You are so right! :thumbup: