Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I don't mean to offend, but..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-dont-mean-offend-but-t76746.html)

qwkslver 12-27-2010 11:36 AM

I just like purses in general. It's a way I can have many different ones without spending a bunch of money. To each his own.

LivelyLady 12-27-2010 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by julia58
Just thought of another reason to make these bags: They are made right here in the U.S.A. The fabric might be made in China, which is a subject in it's own. But I'm all for supporting the U.S.A. when ever I can.

Amen!

amandasgramma 12-27-2010 12:53 PM

Out of boredom, I made one with Christmas fabrics. I LOVE it!!!!!!! It's just the right size for me. I usually like long handles, but I know the majority of people don't. My thoughts were to make it so I could sell it if I didn't like it. Nope -- I'm keeping this one and will make another!

2pedersens 12-27-2010 01:08 PM

I happen to be one of the "like" people. I have made 20 or more but I only have one in my possession..I can't keep them because everybody that sees them wants one. I have given some away and I have sold some. I was making one last week with a group of quilting ladies and one them saw the purse before it was even done and wanted to buy it. I sold it to her today. They are fun to make and I love how each one is different.

skowron5 10-09-2012 03:19 PM

Why post if you don't like something. Just don't look at the posts.

tealfalcon 10-09-2012 03:31 PM

i think they are pretty but i just don't carry that kind of purse...i carry a black coach purse sometime a brown one...goes with everything

Peckish 10-09-2012 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by skowron5 (Post 5574153)
Why post if you don't like something. Just don't look at the posts.

She didn't say she didn't like them. She said she didn't get the attraction, which is a different statement. Maybe someone could have pointed out something about the bag that she hadn't understood, and then she might have changed her mind.

I find it interesting that you revived a thread that's almost 2 years old....

gigi712 10-09-2012 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish (Post 5574324)
She didn't say she didn't like them. She said she didn't get the attraction, which is a different statement. Maybe someone could have pointed out something about the bag that she hadn't understood, and then she might have changed her mind.

I find it interesting that you revived a thread that's almost 2 years old....

Me, too, Peggi. Looks like there's a lot of this going on lately.

romanojg 10-10-2012 03:44 AM

I guess that's where personal preferrence comes into play. We all like different things in one way or the other. I personally like Coach bags but not the normal brown ones, I only get ones that I like that are different and then I only go to the outlets and get them on sale really cheap. I'm just now getting into Miche bags which my sister sells and I like their concept; you buy the base purse and then buy the shell to go on the outside. Instead of switching out purse you just take the shell off and put another on which is held on by magents. My friend has had one for a couple of yrs and they hold up well. I've seen a few homemade purses that I like and have made one that turned out nice.

teddysmom 10-10-2012 03:54 AM

Same here. I don't see what the big deal is with them. I'm more into the quilts.