Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I GOT A SURPRISE LAST NIGHT! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-got-surprise-last-night-t68186.html)

OmaForFour 10-04-2010 03:59 AM

Last night my daughter called me and said that her across the street neighbor's grandmother passed on. They want to give me oodles of fabric, some already made squares and lots of books.
I have to pick them up at 4PM today. I CAN HARDLY WAIT!
Will post pics when I get them all. I may need help deciding what to do with the squares that are already made.

mygirl66 10-04-2010 04:02 AM

Sorry to hear about the grandmother passing away, glad her stash will be getting a good home tho!

CarrieAnne 10-04-2010 04:05 AM

Oh, soory about the ladies passing, but what a nice thing to share her stuff with you!!!!!

OmaForFour 10-04-2010 04:26 AM

Thanks for the condolences. I actually didn't know the lady at all. The grandchildren are my daughter's neighbors and I never met them either.

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
Oh, soory about the ladies passing, but what a nice thing to share her stuff with you!!!!!

deema 10-04-2010 05:36 AM

Wow! How generous of them! Can't wait to see what you get! Maybe you could use some of those squares to make a quilt for the grandchild donating all of this fabric and stuff to you - something for them to snuggle up in grandma's love AND a token of appreciation and condolence.

MaryStoaks 10-04-2010 06:10 AM

What kind people to give you the quilting fabric. I hope when I'm gone my family will give my stash to someone who will appreciate it. Enjoy!

OmaForFour 10-04-2010 07:16 AM

I was thinking that exact same thing about the squares.

ALSO, I just talked to my daughter again and they have a Singer Treadle in a cabinet that they were going to put in a yard sale. She is finding out the price for me!

I am shaking in my boots with excitement! She says the back of her car is loaded with stuff!

4PM hurry up and get here!

Originally Posted by deema
Wow! How generous of them! Can't wait to see what you get! Maybe you could use some of those squares to make a quilt for the grandchild donating all of this fabric and stuff to you - something for them to snuggle up in grandma's love AND a token of appreciation and condolence.

littlehud 10-04-2010 07:36 AM

What a windfall. I can't wait to see what you get. I hope the treadle is a good price too.

raptureready 10-04-2010 07:42 AM

Sorry for her passing but at least she has decendents with some sense. So many people nowadays throw things like that in the garbage. How exciting for you. I know I'd be so excited I wouldn't be able to concentrate on anything else.

OmaForFour 10-04-2010 09:32 AM

I am almost jumping out of my skin while waiting for the time to pass!!!!! I tried to sew a border on a quilt this a.m. but I can't concentrate on what I am doing. Have to calm down before I ruin something.