Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I have to ask.........what are you working on? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-have-ask-what-you-working-t207447.html)

salemrabbits 12-03-2012 11:54 PM

I am working on a crumb quilt, king sized. Loving it and planning to do another someday-I already have enough blocks...I love using up the crumbs-after that I will graduate to another pieced something that I already have cutout. I LOVE cutting and have at least a dozen projects cut and ready to go for the winter, it's just pick one.

Sandygirl 12-04-2012 03:30 AM

Stash busting with Christmas fabric. On an Attic Window kick.
Sandy

sewnsewer2 12-04-2012 04:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches (Post 5692626)
For me, it's a new winter quilt for our room. Am using a Thimbleberries pattern called "Up North". It has bright stars and pine trees. Am doing it in warm reds, deep blues and greens with some plaids thrown in to give it the rustic/lodge-like look I'm trying to go for. Also trying to keep it scrappy which is very hard for me to do. Controlled scrappy isn't a strong enough term!!! Never realized I had such control issues when it comes to fabric until I started this project.

Your turn, we want details!

I love that pattern! I made one for a friend last year.

I'm working on a quilt for friends now. It just need quilting.

bluadept 12-04-2012 04:22 AM

I just finished hand quilting my round robin project that I received in late August. So I have to finish quilting and binding my garden maze and my clifford quilts. Then I found some tops that I started for a group that I want to finish before the new year (mickey/snowball/fish/floating star/yellow brick road). Lucky me only has to do the tops for those as well as the sb/fish/fs are almost finish-almost to the part where you join the block. And of course the ybr doesn't take much time at all and it's already cut out and I have completed the first step. Mickey is a 9p and I have the strip sets ready to cut into rows. I think I will be doing some heavy duty sewing this week so I can at least get the mickey/snowball/cliffords done. Then next week the maze/floating star or ybr done and finish the rest the following week. Well I have a plan now to get it done. I don't usual start this many project at one time without finishing them but for some reason I put these down and then the next time started something different. I got to get these done or I will end up with all these UFO's and my charity groups will have nothing to finish and give out. Time to stop typing and start sewing.

Sarah in Brooklyn 12-04-2012 04:24 AM

I LOVE those fabrics!!!

Sarah in Brooklyn 12-04-2012 04:26 AM

I just finished a doll quilt that will be a big sister gift for my friend's granddaughter. I'm making a quilt for the baby too. And a table runner that's almost finished. And some pillow covers. And a lot of potholders. And I just got a wall hanging kit on sale, so I guess I'll be starting on that soon. Too many things going on at once!

Denise85 12-04-2012 07:04 PM

I am working on a patchwork tote that is embroidered.

Mcflower 12-10-2012 02:16 PM

MimiBug123, I'm so sorry for your injuries. I broke my ankle in July and if it helps you to know, it is doing very well now. The ankle was bad enough but I could still sew. Once your wrist mends, sewing will probably be good therapy.
Take care and feel better soon!

Dragonomine 12-11-2012 05:14 PM

I'm finishing my my third (and LAST) double wedding ring quilt. It's in burgandy and maroons and hand appliqued, hand quilted and hand binded. Needless to say, these are a great deal of work and I think I've burnt out on them.

My next project is a baby quilt for my sister. She's due at the end of January so I should have just enough time to finish it! Here's hoping she doesn't go into labor early!