Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I may have lost my mind...But it sure is fun!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-may-have-lost-my-mind-but-sure-fun-t201246.html)

Lori S 09-23-2012 05:53 AM

Looks like a great machine and set -up. The price seems reasonable for that package which includes the stitch regulator.

romanojg 09-23-2012 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Lori S (Post 5534732)
Looks like a great machine and set -up. The price seems reasonable for that package which includes the stitch regulator.

If you look at the link it says stitch requlator and also the table overlay are optional so they'd normally cost extra unless there was a special going on. It's still a great price and the type of machine that I'll need with my back disease.

AngelinaMaria 09-23-2012 08:44 AM

Bamagal, that sounds like a wonderful price. Did that include the table and stitch regulator? If so, that is incredible!! You will have so much fun.

Bamagal 09-23-2012 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by AngelinaMaria (Post 5535167)
Bamagal, that sounds like a wonderful price. Did that include the table and stitch regulator? If so, that is incredible!! You will have so much fun.

Included the table but not the stitch regulator. I'm saving for that and the extension table. Shouldn't be too long before I have it. While regulator was nice I didn't really need it.. Flowed really well without it. I liked the space on the table but think the extension will be nice to have. Right now itt will fill my small place nicely,

AngelinaMaria 09-23-2012 10:17 AM

I am unclear about what a stitch regulator does? Can you explain that? With FMQ, I always thought that the stitches would come out dependent upon how quickly you moved the fabric. How does the regulator change that? Thanks.

Bamagal 09-23-2012 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by AngelinaMaria (Post 5535394)
I am unclear about what a stitch regulator does? Can you explain that? With FMQ, I always thought that the stitches would come out dependent upon how quickly you moved the fabric. How does the regulator change that? Thanks.

As I understand it you can set the stitch length then it stays the same no matter how fast or slow you move. It was a little sluggish but you get used it. I think it might be more suited for a beginner than a pro. I felt like I had more control over where I went. May have been the lower speed though.

Teacup 09-23-2012 01:42 PM

CONGRATULATIONS! Sounds like a great investment that you'll enjoy. Have fun!

wolph33 09-23-2012 01:53 PM

I am happy for you-you will have a blast quilting with it.

BarbaraA 09-23-2012 04:47 PM

Congratulations and good for you! I am jeoulous. I didn't know about this model!

AngelinaMaria 09-23-2012 04:54 PM

Have you had a chance to play around with it yet? I have a Babylock Espire (the newer version) and have been unhappy about the quality of the stiches. They look "sloppy" --not in a straight line, some stitches tilting out at an angle and the back stitches change in quality every few inches it seems. I haven't done any quilting on it because of this and don't think I will. I had really high hopes for Babylock and maybe this is just a "bad" machine??