Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I need advise on how to handle....... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-need-advise-how-handle-t60107.html)

nannya54 08-18-2010 04:21 PM

I fell in love with and ordered fabric from Old Country Fabric Store.com back on July 30th. They said they shipped my order on Aug. 2 or 3 and I have yet to receive it. I only live in Nebraska and it's coming from Pennsylvania. I called last Friday and they said that since I told them to ship parcel post ( which, frankly I don't remember what I put down ) they can't do any tracking and to call them again this Friday. Is that true? I'm just going to be out the $78+ because they can't trace it?

Has anyone else had any problems with this fabric store or do you think they'll try to help me out here?

I guess I'm just use to dealing with Fabric.com. For example..... I ordered fabric last week, got it this week from them, and low and behold I had ordered a fleece rather than cotton. I notified them that it was my error and wanted to send it back. They called me! She said please keep the wrong fabric and use it as I please or give to a charity organization and they are crediting my credit card for MY mistake! Can you believe that? Wow!

Back to my original problem with Old Country... How should I handle this come Friday and I still don't have my package. ( I would be shocked if it did come this week! )

Thanks for any suggestions and you time. I appreciate you all.

tooMuchFabric 08-18-2010 04:26 PM

Cross your fingers, it might all come out right in the end afterall. That's my prayer.

clem55 08-18-2010 04:34 PM

If it doesn't come, call you credit card company, and ask them to stop payment if they can, explain why.

mom-6 08-18-2010 04:42 PM

Parcel Post can take a really long time. I've been told by another vendor in the past to allow up to 21 days. So I wouldn't push the panic button just yet. However in the future I would recommend using some method that does have a tracking #.

Moonpi 08-18-2010 04:45 PM

Talk to your mailman. I did once, and it had been sitting in the post office and never got in with his stuff to be delivered.

donnajean 08-18-2010 04:51 PM

If you used a charge card for the purchase, you may be able to get your money refunded through them. That worked for me with Amazon.com when an order did not show up when it was supposed to.

dkabasketlady 08-18-2010 04:58 PM

I would definitely follow up with my credit card company. It does take awhile for parcel post, but you should have your fabric by now. Please keep us posted as to what happens!

justwannaquilt 08-18-2010 05:00 PM

I agree with Moonpi, talk to the mailman. I ordered five pair of work boots for my husband one time (they were his favorite and discoed by the company). I waited and waited and waited some more finally I went to the post office and they said, Oh they have been setting here we were going to send them back in X amount of days because there was no response. RESPONSE TO WHAT??? The mailman was suposed to put a note in my box that I had packages that needed to be picked up at the post office! Low and behold I never got the note!

littlehud 08-18-2010 05:16 PM

Our mailman is a pain but he delivers my packages promptly.

craftybear 08-18-2010 05:16 PM

contact your credit card company and cancel the order