Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I need Help :o (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-need-help-o-t40802.html)

OLDNTATTED 03-26-2010 04:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I am starting a new quilt: I have a yard of this (dragon print) and three yards of each of Black, Red, and White, with some leftover gray. I am thinking about doing a crazy trim job around the designs of the center dragon, applaque' that in the center piece of white fabric with some kind of Traponto work to that, then use the other colors as well to frame out the so called (madallion) with some kind of pieced blocks to fill out the rest of top. See Pics... What do you think?

This is the STUFF
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32048[/ATTACH]

This is sideways, but a closer look at the detail
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32074[/ATTACH]

craftybear 03-26-2010 04:50 PM

Wow, like the colors, what pattern are you going to use?

susiequilt 03-26-2010 04:54 PM

I think that's a great idea. Be sure and post pictures as you go along.

lynsews 03-26-2010 04:59 PM

I love the dragon fabric ... almost bought some last week. I'm not great at this, but I think the applique might look better against the black or red, rather than white. You could use the red, white, black and gray in some kind of pattern around the center and for borders. Just an idea!

EllaBud 03-26-2010 05:00 PM

That's going to be one gorgeous quilt. Please post pictures as you go along.

OLDNTATTED 03-26-2010 05:01 PM

I was thinking of using the center dragon and the fluffy stuff around that. Then make it stand out with high pile loft under it when I app it to the white center square. I need some pieced squares for the outside frame, with a orental theme to them. Maybe I could do some thread sketching on the solid fabric of (like) pagotas and pandas things like that.

EllaBud 03-26-2010 05:04 PM

Oh, btw, where did you get the dragon fabric? It's fabulous!

OLDNTATTED 03-26-2010 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by EllaBud
Oh, btw, where did you get the dragon fabric? It's fabulous!

I got it at Jo-Ann's out here in Az. I think Im going back to get more. I didn't think it was going to look so good on this board. But I do have a real good camra it's a
DiMAGE Z1 by Minolta (3.2 mega pixel's)

OLDNTATTED 03-26-2010 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by lynsews
I love the dragon fabric ... almost bought some last week. I'm not great at this, but I think the applique might look better against the black or red, rather than white. You could use the red, white, black and gray in some kind of pattern around the center and for borders. Just an idea!

Thats what I'm looking for Ideas, designs, or blocks.

Rebecca VLQ 03-26-2010 05:19 PM

I'm using that dragon fabric as the binding for my dd's black and white quilt...

And the orange-purple version to make DH a "skirt" for his desk at school.

At any rate, you are a better quilter than I to want to cut out that dragon! I need pics later!